Old 07-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
Miss_Knit
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Miss_Knit
OT Harry Potter
Anyone here a Harry Potter fan? I realize most of you are probably adults, but some adults really love it too. I know an 84 year old woman who does. I'm a huge fan, I'm getting my book at midnight tonight!
Miss_Knit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
yes i have been dividing my time between pacing in front of B&N and AMC for the releases of Harry and Charlie! I have to go get my "number" tonight at 6pm and then go get my book at midnight-ish...

i am takin' my knitting with me this year though....blinders will be on and i will not be seduced into buying other books!!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #3
bubba
1st Leg of the Journey

I love that series of books! My husband and I went to the store when the last one came out at midnight and stood in line. I was planning on doing the same tonight, but they changed my hours and I have to be in to work at 0700 tomorrow instead of 1100, so it will just have to wait till I get off at 3pm.

I remember when Rosie O'Donnell had Rowling on her show....she was still and unknown and wrote all her books in longhand and was astounded when Rosie gave her a laptop computer to write on! I went out and bought the first three books right after that interview and have loved them ever since.

It amazes me how well they make the movies....they are just like I pictured them as being when I read the books.

pat.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
MaryS
Turning the Heel

Harry Potter Party
I'm a Harry Potter fan and so are all my kids.

It's my dad's 75th birthday party tonight, and after the party my two daughters (age 22 and 16) and I are going to the HP Party at Border's. I have two copies on reserve that we can pick up at 12:01. What's even better is the 40% off.

I'll have to divide the weekend between knitting and Harry Potter - tough choice.

Mary
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

I just reserved my copy!

I splurged and reserved the audio CD of the book, so I can knit and listen at the same time. Otherwise I'd be totally out of commission for all things for a week or two. ...I'll still be dysfunctional and totally have difficulty concentrating on the real-world for a couple of weeks, but at least I'll get some knitting done!!

Maybe I'll pop into the HP party at my local bookstore. It starts in an hour. :sunny:
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
The university book store here is a Barnes and Noble affiliate. (However, they don't accept the membership discount card! ) So DD and I will be trekking the whole two blocks across the valley at 11:30 to pick up our copy. I love the fact that she's still young and goofy enough to think that's cool.

She is in the middle of reading Diana Gabaldon's Dragonfly in Amber, so I think I may just get to read HP first! She was sick during one of the releases so I read it to her aloud. I may insist that we do that again. 'She's gettin' too big to cuddle, Hy!' :rofling:

On a somber note, some tears will be shed tonight over DD's best friend who passed away 18 months ago, after a lifetime of suffering with a heart condition. Elizabeth's absolute favorite thing in the world was the Harry Potter series, we wish we could share this one with her.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #7
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
oooh.....:( Just as parents shouldn't have to bury their children; children should never have to bury their best friend! Give her some extra hugs tonight!!

I just stood in line for an hour to get a number for my book, so i can go stand in line later i guess...lol. I am #122! Suuuupposssssedly, the line will go very fast later!...yeah we'll see about that...lol. I am not going until about 11pm though cuz there is no reason for me to sit there the whole time, besides getting some knitting time in of course!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
snephenie
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to snephenie Send a message via MSN to snephenie Send a message via Yahoo to snephenie
Originally Posted by amy
I splurged and reserved the audio CD of the book, so I can knit and listen at the same time.
Oooh that sounds like a good idea. I bought the first book and fell in love so my mom bought me all the others and where are they? Sitting on my shelf on my desk...not even opened. I am soooo BAD!
snephenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #9
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
Originally Posted by amy
Otherwise I'd be totally out of commission for all things for a week or two.
Wow, a week or two, heh, I've gotta get it out of my head that other people inhale books, even a good book by JK rowling only lasts me a good couple of hours. ah well, suppose speed reading something isn't always useful. :thinking:

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:33 AM   #10
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

we pre-ordered our from amazon; it will be here before 7pm tomorrow (there was no WAY i was going to endure going to the bookstore tonight).
I'm planning on reading it ALL DAY Sunday. I read the first 3 in one day each, HP&GOF in 4 days HP&OOP in 2 days... sooooooo I'm testing myself on this one ;-)