Old 07-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #1
metalsgirl
Ribbing the Cuff

kitchener rib bind off
kind of an advanced question - maybe for ingrid??

do i have a prayer of being able to undo kitchener bind off on the bottom of a knit top? how would anyone suggest i try to do such a thing??

last night i decided to expand my skills and try to bind off in kitchener rib. my instructions said to use a needle 2 sizes smaller than the needle i had used for the ribbing, so i complied, but the bind off ended up being super tight!! i did the bottom of the piece this way, and once i realized how tight it was, i used a needle 2 sizes BIGGER for binding off the arms of my piece instead...

i feel like i could *almost* live with the tight bind off, but this was my first knit garment and it actually fits on my body everywhere else....

i should note that i was following instructions for binding off in kitchener rib for knitting in the round in case it matters...
metalsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
Silver
Instepping Out

You technically can un do it and try again. You may need more yarn to finish it however. You can pull out the yarn, stitch by stitch while slipping stitches back onto a knitting needle, then try again.

I recommend giving it a try. If you're like me, that tight bind off is going to bug you to no end, especially on an otherwise perfect sweater.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
metalsgirl
Ribbing the Cuff

i think you are right silver, it is going to bug me (i brought in the sweater to show my coworkers today and they think i'm nuts for wanting to redo it, but what do they really know?)

i have a really long tail left so i think i'll be ok using the larger needle which will require more yarn..

i'll post a pick when it is all finished :D
metalsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
Silver
Instepping Out

Best of luck!! You sound a lot like me. "What do they really know?" LOL That's soooo me!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote