Old 08-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Calling all knitters!!
{EDIT- I no longer need test knitters - thanks to all who helped me out If you would like to knit this top, the pattern is posted here. }
HI!
I am trying to fine-tune the pattern for this top and I would love it if someone would like to test-knit for me...pretty please? If she wants it, I am going to give the pattern to Amy for this site.
It's a child's top, and knits up really quickly - although it was on needles for two weeks, I only worked on it (not counting frogging and all that) about 8 hrs.
I am more of an intuitive knitter, so I hardly ever read patterns, let alone write them! This is my first written pattern, and all questions and comments are welcome-feel free to PM me if you need help.

I'd love it if people knitting this have convenient access to a little girl that would fit in the size they want to knit, so you can see if it actually fits her!
Please please test out the size 4 and 5, if possible, and let me know if they fit or not! I mentally estimated for the sizes, for my 3, 4, and 6yo(skinny!) nieces, but all kids are shaped different - I want this to be as usable by as many people as possible.
Thanks in advance, and let me say that if it hadn't been for this site, I wouldn't be knitting at all... so Amy, here's proof that you're doing a great thing!!

~edited because I was so excited last night...and also half braindead from all that thinking...
~edited again because I am a complete computer idiot...

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Hey Other Rebecca... , sorry...I won't do that again!! If you are about to publish, allow me to share with you a couple of guidelines that my tester gave me about writing a pattern which proved to be invaluable. It's good knowledge to have whether publishing or not, I suppose, because it teaches you the correct way to write a pattern...of which I found to be a bit of a challenge....nothing like scribbling notes on pieces of paper...lol.
She is LYS owner and has been in the knitting biz in one way or another for 28 years and has had several patterns published. She told me of the 2 magaizines that she thought used the industry 'standard' in the way the patterns are written in their publications. Those are simply "Family Circle Easy Knitting" and "Vogue" (not the new Vogue magazine that is relatively new & small in size). I did as she said and studied the way the patterns were written and as a result of her tutelage not a word or abbreviation of my pattern was changed; all thanks to this wonderful lady that was willing to help....so I pass her knowledge on to you
My apologies for not saying so sooner.... the top; you have done an EXCELLENT job, my friend. Sorry, I can't test knit, though...but I'm sure you won't have a problem finding someone

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:57 PM   #3
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
I have an almost 2-yr old niece and some leftover Knitpicks Shine....do I qualify???
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

I'll PM you with the pattern! Don't forget pictures, too!

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
Old 08-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

OK, I have two knitters - anyone else??

My Patterns - so far
Old 08-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #6
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I would be happy to knit it but I don't think I have the word program you mentioned. If you want to print and mail me a copy, I'll do it.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #7
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
I wish there was a pattern for "big girls". Maybe you'll adapt it someday?
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #8
bekahdrmom
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to bekahdrmom
Ooh, ooh, me, me! Pick me!!! I have a baby sister (3 going on 4) who would LOVE this top! I think I have that program...all those programs that start with "W" kinda blend in to me Hmm, but if that doesn't work...maybe fax? :D Aaaah, I reeeeeally wanna knit this pattern! And I have the perfect yarn for it too!

"The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost." -G.K. Chesterton
bekahdrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #9
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Ingrid and Bek -
I will copy and paste the pattern into an email for you and send it off! Have fun!

Originally Posted by kemp
I wish there was a pattern for "big girls". Maybe you'll adapt it someday?
I am actually in the process of it - my l'il sis is expecting, and since she lives in FL, most of the maternity clothes are just too hot for her - she's about a 36-38 D, but I'm trying to make it as adjustable as possible above and below for the last months of her pregnancy - and so anyone can make - and wear - it. (I caught myself thinking about how comfortable it would be too, so I may actually make one for me!!). I will keep y'all posted...

My Patterns - so far
Old 08-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #10
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I received it, I have a trunk full of Sugar & Cream and lots of down time at work tomorrow. I'll be a nice switch from the 4 1/2 feet of Cozy I've been lugging around. I'll let you know how it goes. And I have a camera coming so I'll be able to post a pic! My cousin's son has two of the cutest little girls, so I'll probably make one for each. One's name is Violet, so that's not a color problem. The other's name is Apolonia. :|

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote