Old 08-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
The Deciding Process
I finished my blanket ... NOW WHAT?? OMGawd ... I have the hardest time deciding. When I made Kyoto last year, I mistaken bought WAY TOO MUCH yarn. So I have enough to make another Kyoto, but it would be the same color. What ever am I to do? All of a sudden my stash is overwhelming me ... I also want to make something with my stash Lily 'n Cream... oh and I have some Cotton Ease ... and what about the .... etc etc ... *frantic breathing*

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I can't offer anything but empathy. I feel your pain. :( So much yarn, so many ideas. What's next, what's next. . . . . :thinking:

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Surely - I have some pattern in these books o' mine ... :study:

Old 08-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #4
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Whenever I'm having "what next" issues, I just start knitting a scarf so that I am knitting SOMETHING.

Cotton ease would make a good end of the summer tank though
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by kemp
Cotton ease would make a good end of the summer tank though
:thinking: :drooling:

Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #6
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

:thinking: I'm in the same boat... I was wracking my brains trying to write up a kids shirt pattern, then I was straining them even more trying to make a matching grown-up shirt, and now that I'm done....
I could work on my neverending double knit checkerboard, but just the thought of that makes me want to run screaming ...I'm finishing up my August KAL, but that's just garter st and will be finished soon ... I've got to finish the handle for my knitting bag, but that's another do- while- watching- TV- cuz- it's- brainless project... :zzz:
So I made up my Christmas list!!
Now I have waaaay more than enough projects, but they're going to necessitate a BIG trip to the craft store before I can get started... so what do I do in the meanwhile???
~sigh~
I've been spending more time here, chatting and scouring patterns, than I have knitting...But I'm sure inspiration will strike soon....

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:17 PM   #7
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
:thinking: I'm in the same boat...
Come come ... let us lean on each other in this time of need. :?

Old 08-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #8
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Quote:
Come come ... let us lean on each other in this time of need.

Thank you - I can feel the ! But hey, at least you've got yarn already!!

I had an idea - I had no clue what to make my mom for Xmas, but i know she loves looong hot soaks in the tub, so I'm thinking I'll make her a variety of washcloths; a facecloth, hand towel, scrubbie, etc - I can use up the last little bit of plain ol white Sugar n Cream that I have, and put it all in a gift basket w/some salts or something... Plus, you can get pretty crazy w/the stitch patterns, so even tho it's a little project, it won't get boring. Care to join me on this adventure?

PS love your avatar - my sis had a Plecostomus(sp?) that was over 6" long named 'Pleco' - not the coolest name but a crazy-looking ...fish?...

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
Old 08-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #9
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
Thank you - I can feel the ! But hey, at least you've got yarn already!!

I had an idea - I had no clue what to make my mom for Xmas, but i know she loves looong hot soaks in the tub, so I'm thinking I'll make her a variety of washcloths; a facecloth, hand towel, scrubbie, etc - I can use up the last little bit of plain ol white Sugar n Cream that I have, and put it all in a gift basket w/some salts or something... Plus, you can get pretty crazy w/the stitch patterns, so even tho it's a little project, it won't get boring. Care to join me on this adventure?
PS love your avatar - my sis had a Plecostomus(sp?) that was over 6" long named 'Pleco' - not the coolest name but a crazy-looking ...fish?...
OOOooo... I don't want to use my Lily S'nC 'cause I think I have enough to make a shirt (if I ever find a pattern), BUT I do have some Lion Cotton that could be used up quite nicely We could do a KAL, but I don't have a digi cam ... so it might be kinda boring to do a kal w/ me ...

RE: Pleco:
Yes they are an interesting bunch! My Stimp Man is either a Common or a Leopard. I recently had to put him in a bucket. He is normally dark brown w/ spots; when I put him in the bucket, he turned a pale tan (the color of the carpet beneath the bucket) and had nearly no spots!! It was so kewl to see him play all chemeleon (sp?). I've been trolling Freecycle for a bigger tank for him. The 20 gal is just getting too small for him. :( He swims REAL fast too :rollseyes: "They say" plecos should have a 55 gal or more tank... They are expensive ...

Old 08-22-2005, 10:43 PM   #10
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

I think the reason my sis's got so big is cuz she had him in one of those outdoor pond things that you make from a kit.
Unfortunately, they had to leave him behind when they moved because they also did not have a big enough tank...
(but when i had him, he was happy in the 30 gal. tank I had)

My Patterns - so far