Old 08-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
EXM Andrea
Casting On

First time binding off!
I'm almost finished with my very first knitting project - a lovely pink wool scarf (in mistake rib stitch).

I used the double cast-on method to start, but I'm not sure which binding-off method I should use so the ends match.

Help me oh knitting divas!
EXM Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Try the K1P1 BO...
Video One
Video Two
Of course, you'd have to alter the K1P1 to K2P2 for the BO rib to match...

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
Julie
Instepping Out

If you've never bound anything off before, I highly recommend using a crochet hook in your right hand instead of the needle...slipping the stitches over each other can be a little tricky at first!
Old 08-22-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
Ennormir
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Ennormir Send a message via MSN to Ennormir Send a message via Yahoo to Ennormir
oooh....this is good to know...I'll (hopefully) be binding off that scarf sometime in the near future.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #5
Cynthia Blue
Casting On

Send a message via ICQ to Cynthia Blue Send a message via AIM to Cynthia Blue Send a message via MSN to Cynthia Blue
Oh the crochet hook idea is great! I just bound off my first scarf, and it was sloooow going.
Cynthia Blue is offline   Reply With Quote