Old 08-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #31
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by ekgheiy
Originally Posted by DotMom61
....I do, however, need to do a little Stash Assassination, myself. ...
Um ... I believe the verb is astashination :rofling:
Oh, sorry. I hate it when I use the wrong word.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #32
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Oh, sorry. I hate it when I use the wrong word.
We don't need not stinkin' dictionary!

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #33
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Update: I've about 7" of #5 licked and I think I have enough to make #5 all one color!!! Man these things really do work up fast :rollseyes: At this rate, I'll run out of stashcotton before I can afford The Next Big Project. But then again, I've got plenty of stashacrylic ... what to do with it though ... what to do indeed ... SHUT UP EKGHEIY - one astashination at a time dang it!!

Old 08-28-2005, 11:52 PM   #34
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Truth be told, I've got so much yarn lined up for projects right now, I don't have time to stashassinate. (Did I spell that right? )

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #35
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Truth be told, I've got so much yarn lined up for projects right now, I don't have time to stashassinate. (Did I spell that right? )
No time to astashinate? Lucky gal!

Old 08-29-2005, 12:07 PM   #36
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Update: #5 is done is looking marvelous. So kewl...

Well - my next choice of astashination is half astashination. I put my Sporty Hood on the needles w/ some leftover yarn from my Knitty Kyoto sweater. It's not dyelotted, so I'll be able to get more yarn when/as I need it.

So I'm still in the astashination game!

Old 08-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #37
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

I just finished my first washcloth, for my DH- he said he liked it, but he didn't use it :thinking: fuggedaboutit, I know I'll use it.
It turned out pretty well, I did it in seed stitch because I haven't done that before and I wanted to see how it came out, I really liked it. It had a really neat texture.
I haven't started yet on my cool Xmas scrubbie yet, but I have the ball of 'yarn' just about ready to go, I'll post a pic once I remember where my camera is
Geeze Ek, get a digicam already...How do we know you're really doing this stuff???

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:53 PM   #38
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
I just finished my first washcloth, for my DH- he said he liked it, but he didn't use it :thinking: fuggedaboutit, I know I'll use it.
It turned out pretty well, I did it in seed stitch because I haven't done that before and I wanted to see how it came out, I really liked it. It had a really neat texture.
I haven't started yet on my cool Xmas scrubbie yet, but I have the ball of 'yarn' just about ready to go, I'll post a pic once I remember where my camera is
Geeze Ek, get a digicam already...How do we know you're really doing this stuff???
Dudette - I gave my #4 to my mother. She says she'll use it, but I know she'll sit it on the shelf and won't let anyone (including herself) use it. :rollseyes: I understand she thinks that's a sign of honoring it, I guess. But ... well .... they're made to be used! *sigh*

Yes - I know - I'm starting to get a complex about this too w/ the digicam situation. My mother's old job had a digicam. So she took a pic of a sweater and blanket that I made so I could post it. Things were looking up on the pic posting circuit for ekgheiy; I sent the two projects with her to work and she'd email the pic to me ... blah blah blah. But then - Mother switch jobs

Old 08-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #39
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Quote:
She says she'll use it, but I know she'll sit it on the shelf and won't let anyone (including herself) use it. I understand she thinks that's a sign of honoring it, I guess. But ... well .... they're made to be used! *sigh*
I told Dh that if he wasn't going to use it, let me know and I'd give it to someone else.
"Oh, no, I'll use it!" he says
I tossed it to him in the shower, he hung it on the showerhead...I happened to peek in after he was out and the durn thing was barely wet. It's not because he 'honors' it, unfortunately. He could really care less about my knitting. Which is fine, I could really care less about golf and NASCAR, but I at least pretend to be interested, and even wear that dumb ol Dale Jr shirt he insisted I buy...
OK, I'm just irritated with him in general this weekend, and I tried to overcome that and make him something, and he got me all riled up again...

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #40
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
[...]OK, I'm just irritated with him in general this weekend, and I tried to overcome that and make him something, and he got me all riled up again...
Okay - just breathe ... repeat after me ... knit two purl two knit two purl two knit two purl two ... breathe ... knit two purl two ...