Old 09-26-2005, 05:04 AM   #31
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by bekahdrmom
If every picture you see (wedding photos, baby pics, magazine spreads, etc.) prompts your now signature response of "Oh, I could SO knit that!"
And even more so if you then head home as fast as possible to start creating the pattern.
That is so me!!!

If you find yourself wondering more about the pattern they used for that cute cabled pullover thet the character on TV's wearing than the odd psychic baby the character has .... (the show's great, but that sweater was YUMMY, had this really interesting neck shaping for the hood... :thinking: but it would probably take size 5 or 6 needles, it would be very time-consuming.... IM DOING IT AGAIN!!!!)

If your son was ever (almost) late for school because Mommy was knitting and didn't notice what time it was...

If you try to encourage all your friends and family to try knitting, and can't understand why they think you're weird...

If all future career aspirations have been put aside, because now all you want to do is own your own LYS....

If you're excited about being stuck in a car with three males for 1200 miles and 24 hours... because at least ten of those hours can be spent knitting!!

If you suddenly notice the increases and decrease in your (store-bought!!!) socks ....

If you suddenly decide that everything in your house needs a cozy...

If you judge how weird your dreams are by how strange the stuff you knit in your dream was...(I dreamed I was knitting a sweater out of my ugly carpet, I swear :rollseyes: )

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-26-2005, 07:50 AM   #32
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
If you find yourself wondering more about the pattern they used for that cute cabled pullover thet the character on TV's wearing than the odd psychic baby the character has ....
What TV show has an odd psychic baby??

If you carry your knitting bag WHEREVER you go...like a security blanket, and get a tiny bit anxious, honestly, at the thought of leaving it at home.
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #33
KnittinKitten
1st Leg of the Journey

Kelly! This is me -- I take my knitting bag back and forth to work every day - even though I never get a chance to knit during the day. I call it "field trips". I take my knitting on field trips! I take it with me -everywhere - in case I'm in a traffic jam (in Greenville, South Carolina!?!?!?). I've even tried to get in a couple of stitches at red lights. I don't really recommend this unless you can ignore horn-honking.

You may be addicted to knit if you wait to hear your DH snoring before you stealthily pick up your project, so he won't think "you'rr addicted to knit".

:XX:
Old 09-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #34
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Originally Posted by KnittinKitten
Kelly! This is me -- I take my knitting bag back and forth to work every day - even though I never get a chance to knit during the day.
ABSOLUTELY! Sometimes, I manage to sneak in a row or two on my lunch....
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #35
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
OMG! I've been so sad all morning because I left the baby kimono at home. I'm almost to the transition row where stitches get put on holders and casting on happens, so I knew it wouldn't be a good idea. Plus it's raining and I haven't finished reading Monsieur Rousseau for my 11:20 class (so what am I doing here?). But I seriously thought about casting on my next project before we left the house this morning. 98 stitches in 12 minutes, I coulda done it! :rollseyes: I think I have a real problem...
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #36
KnittinKitten
1st Leg of the Journey

Oh, Sara -- you do my heart good! YOUR confession seems to lessen MY guilt!

Here I am at work - not working - just poring over all the new posts here online and thinking about the 2 inches I have left on my Paper Moon tank before I bind off and get to sew it together!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #37
JGM
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to JGM
If your favorite computer programming language is Perl (nerd alert!)

If you feel kind of bummed when company comes over because then you can't sit in front of the tv and knit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
KER++ Exp+(+) SPM+(+) Wood@ KPO++ !Pl Boye- Cas? Den> Bam> Syn- !Nov Cot>+ Wool+++ Hemp>+ Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(+) ENT> FI+ Int+ Tex++ Lace> Felt+ Flat Circ++ DPN++ ML+>+ Swatch-@ KIP->+ Blog++ EZ->+ FO WIP GaugeF(DW, W) AltCr
------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------
JGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #38
earthchick
Turning the Heel

If your husband says at half-past midnight, "You said you were going to bed 2 hours ago. I'm worried about you." As I'm sitting there still :XX: and telling myself I'll just do 2 more rows....

earthchicknits
The Seven Things Project
earthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #39
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
I was taking my grandson out to the swingset the other day. As he watched me come out the door, he asked, "Where's you knitting and coffee?"

Five years old and he knows me all too well!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #40
Joel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Joel Send a message via MSN to Joel Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
Originally Posted by Ingrid
I was taking my grandson out to the swingset the other day. As he watched me come out the door, he asked, "Where's you knitting and coffee?"

Five years old and he knows me all too well!

~~Joelybean Schmoley Louise Schmoopypoo Mumpkins Gonzo Cupcake Muffin Sugarplum Sleepyman
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote