Old 09-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
ausmakaiva
Ribbing the Cuff

matching casting on to binding off question
I have been a little disappointed with my first couple projects where my casting on is tighter than my binding off. Also, although similar, the bind off is a thicker, neater edge and for a scarf edges not matching I think looks kinda funny...

Any suggestions? Thanks.
ausmakaiva is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
There are several different cast on methods. Have you tried a different one that might be more to your liking?

Another thing that some patterns call for is to cast on and knit half the scarf. Then cast on and knit the other half of the scarf. Then you graft the live stitches together. I haven't done this and probably never will because I'm not a big fan of grafting live stitches, but it's an idea.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
ausmakaiva
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Ingrid
There are several different cast on methods. Have you tried a different one that might be more to your liking?
I just started to experiment and I think have found a method that would work better, but not perfect...
Originally Posted by Ingrid
Another thing that some patterns call for is to cast on and knit half the scarf. Then cast on and knit the other half of the scarf. Then you graft the live stitches together. I haven't done this and probably never will because I'm not a big fan of grafting live stitches, but it's an idea.
I was thinking of that as well but am with you on the grafting, too complicated for me at this point :D
ausmakaiva is offline   Reply With Quote