Old 09-14-2005, 06:32 PM   #21
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Is Tuesday Morning a store like Joanne's or more like Michaels and AC Moore? I'm just curious. The only Tuesday Mornings we have around here come after Monday nights.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #22
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #23
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Thanks. The nearest ones to me aren't so near. Looks like a good place to have around, though.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #24
KnittinKitten
1st Leg of the Journey

Well, I did make the trek to TM to buy the sewing machine and found out they sold out of all of them the first hour they opened. I should have waited to read your email and call first. Lesson learned. They only had one little basket of yarn and it was all marginal. The stash remains static.

After going to Tuesday Morning I couldn't resist a stop at Hobby Lobby - all needles and accessories were 1/2 off! I bought 4 more pair of bamboo needles, a thimble thingie for Fair Isle knitting, a yarn end weaver, the cute little sheep measuring tape, and a few other goodies I can't even remember - all for $20.00. Score!
:XX:
Old 09-15-2005, 09:24 AM   #25
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Originally Posted by Ingrid
Is Tuesday Morning a store like Joanne's or more like Michaels and AC Moore? I'm just curious. The only Tuesday Mornings we have around here come after Monday nights.
It's kind of more like a TJ Maxx or Stein Mart??? Except almost no clothing. It is a prety good place to have around...sometimes they have really interesting or designer/designerish stuff.

KnittinKitten...at least you didn't come home empty handed! I hit Hobby Lobby on Monday for that sale too.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:30 AM   #26
InterNette
Turning the Heel

I always hear things about Hobby lobby, none here sniff sniff. I guess it is just as well the way I buy fabric and yarn. We do have a tuesday morning I will have to go in there for sure.
I dont know if your ladies who are looking at brothers sewing machines have a costco near you? Ours has them on display for $199.00 and the stitch patterns are amazing.
InterNette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #27
KnittinKitten
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi Kemp,

I was wondering if you decided to keep the Brother sewing machine and, if you did, what do you think about it? I'm looking for a small, portable, relatively inexpensive machine to help with finishing up some of my projects and I have no idea where to start.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #28
Julie
Instepping Out

KnittenKitten, do you have a sewing machine repair shop near you? That's where I got my machine -- it's an older model, but they had refurbished it. IMO, they just don't make 'em like they used to, so I was looking for an older machine.

I just walked in, looked around, and said, "I'd just like a sewing machine that sews back and forth, with zigzag if at all possible." The went into the back and pulled this one out -- it's a Singer and has about 30 stitches as well as an automatic buttonhole feature. It even still had the groovy manual from the 1960's! All for $50. How can you go wrong? :D
Old 09-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #29
KnittinKitten
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow, Julie -- that's zackly what I'm lookin' for. Thanks for the great idea.

:::looking for sewing maching stores online & phone book. STILL not working today!:::
Old 09-26-2005, 12:44 PM   #30
koolbreeze
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to koolbreeze
Walmart and target hove sewing machines i got my Singer regular 199.00 on clearance for 98 @ Target.

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!
They call it PMS because MadCow Disease was already taken.
koolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote