Old 09-20-2005, 11:36 PM   #31
mintdee
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Ingrid
Originally Posted by feministmama
Actually I hate cleaning period but I always WANT everything to be clean. It's like I'm really OCD about being clean but since I don't really have OCD then I am not motivated to clean it. So stuff gets unorganized and messy and then I get all edgy and nervous but there's either not enough time to organize EVERYTHING or really what happens is I just don't want to do it so I just live with the stress of it.
Oh, you speak to my heart! That's exactly how I feel about cleaning. I could have written those exact words! I feel validated!
I just fit in more and more everyday

I am not all that OCD. My DH on the other hand? hehehe

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-21-2005, 09:57 AM   #32
MaryS
Turning the Heel

I'm with Ingrid and Femmi on the cleaning.LOL
I WANT everything to be clean and in its place, but I just CAN'T make myself take the time to actually DO it. There's so much else I'd rather do - knit, read, knit, sleep, knit, take a walk, knit, visit my kids, knit. You get the idea.

I think right now the only thing I'm really OCD about is KNITTING! (and KH!)

Mary
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:22 AM   #33
margie
Instepping Out

I'm not REALLY ocd about anything- I can be a leeetle particular about some things- like, I can't stand the way my husband loads the dishwasher- it's all "wrong"! Although, if he loads it, I'm just glad to not have to do it myself!

I used to have all my kids toys organized in bins- the cars went in one bin, the balls in another, etc.-- but that one went by the wayside a long while ago. :rollseyes:
margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:02 PM   #34
knitwit
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to knitwit
Let's seeeeeee......
I check, double check and sometimes triple check to make sure that doors & windows are locked (esp. in the basement at night!)
When I leave the house in the AM- I wait in the driveway to make sure that the garage door goes all the way down.
Everything in the closet is for the current season, lightest to darkest - left to right in like kind order (t shirts, skirts, pants) and then each season is rotated out to be replaced with the next season.
My silverware drawer is neatly organized, spices are in alpha order and pantry is in meal order (bkfst items on one shelf, lunch, dinner items on other shelves)
The dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way- DH is not allowed to load it because he puts the silverware in wrong side down and the glasses aren't lined up.
The bed has to be completely made before I will get into bed- if the bed isnt made and I climb in, I cant sleep.
I wont leave work until everything on my desk is put away.
I wont bring junk mail into my house - it immediately goes into the trash can.
I've been told that I am borderline OCD - but I like to think of it as particular!
knitwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:13 PM   #35
jodstr2
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by knitwit
When I leave the house in the AM- I wait in the driveway to make sure that the garage door goes all the way down.
Everything in the closet is for the current season, lightest to darkest - left to right in like kind order (t shirts, skirts, pants) and then each season is rotated out to be replaced with the next season.

I do the garage door thing too. sometimes, like this morning, I will actually pull a U-turn at the end of my street to go back to see if I really closed it.

and my clothes in the closet, tho not season-keyed, are arranged in a sort of spectrum - starting with green and ending with black.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
jodstr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #36
margie
Instepping Out

OKAY you guys, you are starting to make me feel like quite the unorganized slob!!! I'm glad you can't see my house........okay gotta go clean now!
margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #37
bubba
1st Leg of the Journey

And, like me....when you put an envelope in the mailbox, do you reopen the slot to make sure it went down??? My husband laughs at me everytime I do it!

pat.

Don't mess with dragons....they think you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #38
jodstr2
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by margie
OKAY you guys, you are starting to make me feel like quite the unorganized slob!!! I'm glad you can't see my house........okay gotta go clean now!
no no no noooo margie... no worries. my house is messy. DANG messy. papers all over the place, junk mail all over the place, cat hair all over the place, books, yarn, you name it. the closet, only IF clothes are actually on hangers (big IF there), is arranged by color.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
jodstr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:19 PM   #39
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

:thinking: Gotta be the monogamous knitter thing. I only knit one thing at the time until it's complete, then begin the next project. If it's a particularly large project like an afghan, I will do a fun, quick project about 1/2 way through, then finish said project.
My sister has reminded me that I have been like that about all things 'arts & crafts' that I have ever done; x stitch, needlepoint, painting, whatever the particular craft, I would complete one project before beginning the next, never more than one at the time going.
Other than that...I'm really laid back about most everything
Of course, I'm laid back in my knitting...just one project at the time :D

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #40
AidanM
Turning the Heel

My routine. Ohhh boy, if you get in the way of me mananging my time..Woe Be You! I hate when people tell me "You're running late!", because I'm PERFECTLY AWARE of how "late" I may be - In fact, my routine is designed to accomodate weird things like lateness.

Another thing I'm totally OCD about is lights. They go on when I enter the room, they go off when I leave. I HATE when people leave lights on all over the house and they're just sitting in one spot.

And that leads me to wastefulness. I am such an INCREDIBLE pack rat because I cannot help but think, "What if I need it?" or "I'd like to use this for something someday." I hate to waste. I always eat all of the food on my plate, even if I'm full. So I usually get lots of seconds and thirds because I take small portions. Leftovers must be eaten before anything new is cooked. I know, I'm weird.

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote