Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
nutterknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Need Help Help Help!
Hello,
I was trying to bind off a finished scarf (all knit:Garter) and realized I was doing it wrong and the stitches were unraveling so...I stupidly took them off the needle (size 13) and tried to frog a few rows to get a clear row of stitches to pick up again and bind off correctly. BUT...the yarn is an eyelash and it is impossible to find all the loops and get them on my needle. I ended up pulling out 1/4 of the scarf (there is no design so it can be slightly shorter!!)
Other than running off to my LYS for emergency help (which is closed until Tuesday), does anyone have an idea of what to do?
nutterknitter
nutterknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-08-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
After you go into a small room and scream really, really loud, I have one idea you can try.

Get to a point where you have the yarn at the end of a row. Then pull out one stitch at a time, very slowly. Watch where the yarn comes out of and put your needle in there.

Good luck!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
nutterknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks for the reply --I thought I was doing that when I pulled out a quarter of the scarf! But I will go slowly this time and try to pick up the stitches as I go. I'll let you know what happens! :XX:
Nutter
Old 10-11-2005, 04:33 AM   #4
Debbie
Working the Gusset

It is easier for me to put the "loops" on to a darning needle threaded with a contrasting yarn ... then when I have all the loops on my "reverse life line" I put them on my needle.

I am DebbieKnits on Ravelery
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
nutterknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks again for the ideas--I have been chicken to go near it and I think I will take it into my LYS tomorrow--I need it tonight for a birthday gift but I went shopping for more yarn on Saturday and knitted a whole new scarf (almost!) to give to my friend tonight. Love that garter stitch and size 13 needles! This one is even nicer--but it is a synthetic like cashmere and I think it sheds!!!! Will that stop after handwashing?
Nutter :thinking: