Old 10-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Someone PLEASE reprimand me
Tell me there will be yarn left in the world even if I don't buy it all right now!

Since truly discovering the beauty of KH on...oh....Saturday? I have bought 80 dollars worth of yarn and pattern books from Knitpicks...two sets of large Lantern Moon ebonies off Ebay, am watching ANOTHER auction for a GORGEOUS yarn that I MUST have, and am waiting a week so I can replenish my savings so I can get several balls of Blue Sky Alpaca in Peace Pink - which I'm OBSESSED over. I've just been going to the site and gazing at it like a jilted lover.

I'm a mess. And I don't get the sense from the posts here that this is likely to let up.

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-11-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
We're mostly enablers here...you're not likely to get much reprimanding
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Way to go! Don't forget that if it's on sale it will NEVER be on sale again! So you must snatch it all up immediately! And if you see a yarn that says 'discontinued'--there will never, ever be anything like it ever again. Buy it all. Even if you have no clue what you're going to do with it. If something is being auctioned--bid highest! You'll be the WINNER!! The person who would have outbid you probably doesn't deserve the yarn, anyway. Credit card companies are happy to raise your limit--and you know all those free offers you get in the mail for new cards?

Now how's THAT for enabling!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
OMG, Ingrid....

The only thing that keeps me reasonable is the fear of the NAGGING I will get from DH!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Ingrid
Way to go! Don't forget that if it's on sale it will NEVER be on sale again! So you must snatch it all up immediately! And if you see a yarn that says 'discontinued'--there will never, ever be anything like it ever again. Buy it all. Even if you have no clue what you're going to do with it. If something is being auctioned--bid highest! You'll be the WINNER!! The person who would have outbid you probably doesn't deserve the yarn, anyway. Credit card companies are happy to raise your limit--and you know all those free offers you get in the mail for new cards?

Now how's THAT for enabling!
YOU are no help, miss lady.

But I like the rationale... I'll show my FI this thread when he finds my rapidly growing yarn stash in the trunk of my car.

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by KellyK
OMG, Ingrid....

The only thing that keeps me reasonable is the fear of the NAGGING I will get from DH!
My BIGGEST problem, to date. :rollseyes: I wish nagging were the extent of it. I get full scale ATTITUDE. :rofling:

Old 10-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #7
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
EWW! Dont store it in the trunk of your car!! It's gonna STINK!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #8
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by KellyK
EWW! Dont store it in the trunk of your car!! It's gonna STINK!
:( But he'll see it.....

Alright alright, I'll wait til he's napping this evening and then make my move...hopefully it's not too bad.

I've already taken to putting vanilla beans in my storage baskets/containers to add my favorite scent to the yarn. It's working. That should help. It's only been a day or two.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #9
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
What a great idea! I never thought of scenting my yarn.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:57 AM   #10
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by kemp
What a great idea! I never thought of scenting my yarn.
Thanks kemp, it was the very first thing I thought of when I started hoarding...I mean buying, yarn. I'm fanatical about scent and vanilla makes me calm and happy.