Old 10-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
Sabrina
Casting On

Send a message via ICQ to Sabrina Send a message via MSN to Sabrina
Extra purls??
On my K2, P2 pattern, I knitted until my eyes crossed this weekend and dropped a few stitches. I tried to recover them and in the process gained a few extra purl stitches. (??!!) Is that possible? Same number of stitches across, different number down, I think, because the area is tighter compared to the other areas of the knitting. Does anyone know what might have happened?

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it.
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Could it be possible that you picked up too many/too few stitches on the way up? I'm assuming that you recovered them using a crochet hook. I'm not sure I understand where these 'too many purls' are.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Sabrina
Casting On

Hi Ingrid, my banana in shining armour! :D

Unfortunately I don't have a crochet hook, so I stared really hard and guessed. It's worked before, but I must have added a few purl stitches. It's a scarf made up of K2, P2 across for 66 stitches. In one of the purl (vertical) rows is the spot where I have too many stitches. I did it until I had no more hanging horizontal pieces of yarn. Is that what should happen?

Likely, I'm being more confusing than clarifying... :(
Old 10-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

*Banana in shining armor! *

I get what you mean. Each loop should get a bar, but it's likely that the extra stitch is really somehow one stitch that got twisted or picked up twice. Is it really a major problem? I wouldn't think it would show on a scarf unless you lay it out flat and examine it.

I've always fixed things, preferably on the knit side, with a crochet hook--let the stitch ladder down and bring it back up. Staring never worked very well for me. :rofling: sorry--couldn't resist.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Old 10-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #5
Sabrina
Casting On

No, it's really nothing to get wrinkle lines over. It's my first project so I'm getting used to things like knits, purls, tension, .... big knots, undoing stitches, poking people beside me with long knitting needles... :XX:

Besides, if anyone does see these kerfluffles in my knitting, they are too close!! Now *that's* staring! :rofling:

I think I'll just keep on for now. I've tried doing as much as I could with a letter opener. :rollseyes: Yes, feel free to laugh. I did. :D

All I need now is a big ole vat of wrinkle cream!

By the way, what is the happy banana riding on?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #6
Ingrid
Mod Squad

It's a llama. :rollseyes: We did the banana thing as a joke, but when I went back to my regular avatar I got complaints. He's back by popular demand.

A first project is required to have mistakes! And if you can correct your knitting already with a letter opener, no less, you're well on your way.

IngridKH on Ravelry