Old 10-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
I'm looking for a pretty specific pattern...
I want to find a large cardigan, that is cabled, that has big wood buttons on it. II've searched all over for free patterns, but none work for me. Josephine at knitty comes close, but seems too much. So now I am going to rely on the brain trust here, becuase I know you guys have been to every pattern site and would know where I can buy this pattern.

If you have been in Target they have a Mossimo sweater that is worsted with big wood buttons...I am thinking like that except with cables and not 2 rows of buttons.

Help?

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
JGM
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to JGM
How about this? It's a men's cardigan, but if you switch the buttons to the other side, who would know?

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
KER++ Exp+(+) SPM+(+) Wood@ KPO++ !Pl Boye- Cas? Den> Bam> Syn- !Nov Cot>+ Wool+++ Hemp>+ Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(+) ENT> FI+ Int+ Tex++ Lace> Felt+ Flat Circ++ DPN++ ML+>+ Swatch-@ KIP->+ Blog++ EZ->+ FO WIP GaugeF(DW, W) AltCr
------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------
JGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Patons has a booklet, Aran Knits for the Family, and Leisure Arts has an Irresistible Aran soft-cover book. They both have wood-button cardigans in them that are pretty nice. Actually, they each have two--one short and one longer. Aran Knits has pockets on the long one.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
Thanks JGM, it's just not the style I am looking for.

I think that my local Michael's may have that pattern book. I will check on it.

I want this style http://www.magknits.com/Aug05/sesame.htm , but with cables. (and I would skip the striping. I'm just finishing a leftover vest and I am all striped out.) Do you think there is a way I can add some cables and use Lamb's Pride worsted with Sesame?

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #5
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
The patterns in the books are very cable-y and textured--typical aran sweaters. Beautiful. I tried to find a picture of the cardigans, but only could find the covers.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
Stonington
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Stonington
Re: I'm looking for a pretty specific pattern...
Morning! What about this one? http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kfw-aransweater.html
:XX:
anne
Southern, Maine

Originally Posted by YarnMommy
I want to find a large cardigan, that is cabled, that has big wood buttons on it. II've searched all over for free patterns, but none work for me. Josephine at knitty comes close, but seems too much. So now I am going to rely on the brain trust here, becuase I know you guys have been to every pattern site and would know where I can buy this pattern.

If you have been in Target they have a Mossimo sweater that is worsted with big wood buttons...I am thinking like that except with cables and not 2 rows of buttons.

Help?
Stonington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #7
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
I've been working on THIS and I love the cables. What if you did the one on mag knits but added a cable pattern you like?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	jimcable1.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	21909  
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote