Old 10-22-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
Dynasty
Casting On

ty
tyty was just curious, i figured i'd cut the yarn too but wanted to make sure there wasn't some trick to all that changin' colors bit lol Thanks
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #12
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by susies1955
Hi Rebecca,
I think it is great that you knitting and purled so long before you started a project. I think that you have 'less' frustration that way.
It is funny that I told "dakirk" I didn't have a problem with purling where I was suppose to be knitting and vice versa...........well guess what......? I did it today. I purled 9 stitches where it should have been knit. I noticed after I had finished the row and it was where I started the row so I knitted down through where the 9 purls where, I took the stitches OFF the needle and crochet hooked them back at a knit stitch and then kept going. I even had the right amount of stitches when I was done.
The videos from this site that I watched about ten times last week really came in handy.
Susie
It's wonderful that you saw that & fixed it!!! Mistakes help in the learning process, that's for sure!! I'm sure that I will be making them as long as I knit...lol! I have just looked at the entire Dulaan cable ensemble that I have done (scarf, hat, fingerless gloves & socks) and have found a mistake in the cabling on each one, but...they are done and I can't undo them, so they will just be...they will be artistic touches

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #13
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susies1955
Rebecca,
I have no clue what a Dulaan cable ensemble is and can't imagine doing cables but I guess I didn't think I could do any of the things I'm doing now.
All in time my pretty, all in time. LOL
I hope yours comes out great.
Susie
I started hand knitting (10/01/2005) and got my embroidery machine for Christmas 2005. I had 2 Bond Incredible Sweater Machines given to me in Feb. of 2007 that I'm really enjoying. http://susies1955.myphotoalbum.com/
http://susieshobbyspot.blogspot.com/
susies1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #14
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

My apologies, Susie, I thought that everyone had seen pics of the Dulaan Cable scarf that I had made. I got the pattern from Robbyn's blog, YarnPath Where she is nice enough to share several of her beautiful patterns. I did the scarf, but added my embellishments with the Icord/bobble fringe as u can see here. And then I used a smaller yarn called fingering wt yarn, which is generally used for socks and size 2 needles and designed a hat and fingerless gloves to match the scarf and i am working on the socks now...that's the Dulaan Cable ensemble...lol! Pardon me, I wouldn't say that I designed either the hat or fingerless gloves because I still used her cable pattern! Since I decided not to knit for anyone but me and Lonnie this is what I have been working on since Sept 15 (I know this bc I was just looking over my notes...lol).
AND...FYI, cables are not even close to being hard, they, like dpns and socks, etc can look intimidating but when you just remember that it's just some sticks and some string that you are playing with...you are good to go ! For real, cables are easy...YOU can do it

I'm so happy to know another fan of Oz I actually have a small Christmas tree that I decorate with green lights and Oz ornaments :D

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 10-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #15
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Rebecca,
That scarf is gorgeous. I remember seeing the hat and thinking how wonderful it was although complicated looking. I guess you are right that once the pattern becomes easier to read you can make pretty much anything.
You have really been busy that's for sure.
My next project after my grandson's sweater is a sweater for me and then I may try socks.
Enjoy your day and thanks for explaining it all to me,
Susie

I started hand knitting (10/01/2005) and got my embroidery machine for Christmas 2005. I had 2 Bond Incredible Sweater Machines given to me in Feb. of 2007 that I'm really enjoying. http://susies1955.myphotoalbum.com/
Old 10-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #16
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Oh, I've not done sweaters yet! I'm looking forward to that, I have my book ready and my real life "Knitty Yoda" that is going to tutor me with knitting sweaters in the round, which is the ONLY way that I am interested in doing them (at this point, anyway!). I have a very long project list that has been put on the back burner for a long time and I want to finish all of those projects and have a nice long Sock Sabbatical (I have a box full of sock yarn) and then I am going to begin sweaters...I had a target date to begin the 1st of 2006, but I will probably push that back a bit bc of the long Sock Sabbatical.
You will find that knitting socks is a LOT of fun JMHO

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 10-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #17
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Rebecca,
How long have you been knitting? You sound like a pretty experienced gal.
The sweater I'm doing it in pieces. I hope to try an "ON ROUND" one too one day.
I'll have to see about socks as I like think tight woven ones.
It is great to have a PLAN on what we want to do.
Susie

Old 10-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #18
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I've been knitting almost a year & 1/2. Knitting seems to come very naturally to me; I think bc I enjoy it so much :D
OOPS...EDIT
Allow me to edit that, I'm afraid that since I said knitting seems to come naturally to me that now I will have a huge knitting FROG CATASTROPHE or something :rofling: so....what I meant to say...

Most knitting seems to come naturally to me; I think bc I enjoy it so much!

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 10-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #19
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Rebecca,
That is neat that you have done all of that in just a year and a half.
I hope no frogging is in your future.

Susie
Old 10-23-2005, 06:12 PM   #20
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Originally Posted by rebecca
I've been knitting almost a year & 1/2. Knitting seems to come very naturally to me; I think bc I enjoy it so much :D
OOPS...EDIT
Allow me to edit that, I'm afraid that since I said knitting seems to come naturally to me that now I will have a huge knitting FROG CATASTROPHE or something :rofling: so....what I meant to say...

Most knitting seems to come naturally to me; I think bc I enjoy it so much!
You know, I think there ARE Knitting Gods who listen for statements like that. When I got back into knitting, any time I said that maybe I was good at this stuff--BAM! Proof that I had a lot to learn!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote