Old 10-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
wrchili
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via ICQ to wrchili Send a message via AIM to wrchili Send a message via MSN to wrchili Send a message via Yahoo to wrchili
Help deciphering pattern
I'm new this forum and I'm fairly new to knitting, so I hope you guys can help me. I'm attempting to knit a sweater, which is the biggest project I've undertaken so far. I got to the part where I knit the sleeves, and I got confused.

The pattern says to do an inc row (which I know how to do) then continue to work in st st, working increase row every 8 rows 2 (1,0) times, then every 6 rows 6 (7,5) times, and then every four rows 0 (2,7) times.

I'm making the largest size, so my question is when I'm supposed to do the increase row 0 times every 8 rows, does that mean just to knit the 8 rows without increasing then move on to the every 6 rows, or to skip the 8 row step altogether and move directly to the every 6 rows. I hope that makes sense.
wrchili is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
MaryS
Turning the Heel

Hi,

For the largest size you would do the increases every 6th row 5 times, then increase every 4th row 7 times.

You're right, you don't do any increases every eighth row for your pattern size.

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote