Old 11-01-2005, 09:29 PM   #11
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susies1955
Jan,
The gals at this yarn shop really encourage us right from the get go to do things out of our comfort box. I did a half hour of knitting and she had me doing that hat on circulars. I almost fainted when she suggested I do a hat after just a half hour. Now there is frustration for sure but through the mistakes and working it through I've learned a lot.
I ask here and get an answer literally within minutes and I have books and the videos are awesome.
I think the yarn shop really knows what they are doing because that hat I did was big yarn, big needles and done quickly so it made me hungry for more and to the yarn shop owners delight as every time I went I was buying more yarn and more needles. LOL.
Let me know what pattern you decided on, "IF" you decide to make socks,
Susie
I started hand knitting (10/01/2005) and got my embroidery machine for Christmas 2005. I had 2 Bond Incredible Sweater Machines given to me in Feb. of 2007 that I'm really enjoying. http://susies1955.myphotoalbum.com/
http://susieshobbyspot.blogspot.com/
susies1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #12
Lacedolphin
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to Lacedolphin
I'm a fairly new knitter too. Even though I've had no classes and taught myself from Amy's videos and a book. Right now I'm working on an afghan using blocks to teach me different stitches. My next hill is also socks and dpn's. Maybe we can make -up a beginners sock group?? That way we can all frog together!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:42 PM   #13
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susies1955
All frog together eh? LOL. You are too funny.
That is great to do blocks like that. I had thought of doing tons of different dish cloths to learn all the stitches and stuff.
Nice to meet you.
You going to do a self-stripping sock???????????? HUM?????????
Susie
I started hand knitting (10/01/2005) and got my embroidery machine for Christmas 2005. I had 2 Bond Incredible Sweater Machines given to me in Feb. of 2007 that I'm really enjoying. http://susies1955.myphotoalbum.com/
http://susieshobbyspot.blogspot.com/
susies1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #14
SoapDoc
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
Give socks a try together?! I've only been doing this for a little over a month, too. Not sure I'm ready for socks...
Sure you are! I did socks less than a month in to my first stitch with the help of Silver's fantastic tutorial...and if I can do it, you can do it too, believe me! You can find at the link below, and if you can knit and purl, you can make socks with this site and Silver's help....I promise!

http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/So..._Beginning.htm
Old 11-02-2005, 02:46 AM   #15
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
Ohhhh that's awesome, SoapDoc! (Are you a soap doc??) Anyway, I am looking for something for the November challenge so this might be perfect. I don't have any relatives or friends who knit so I'm on my own pretty much other than you all so I thank you all!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote