Old 11-09-2005, 09:10 AM   #11
Angelia

Originally Posted by Debbie
Like a knitter who just lost count on a 12 row lace pattern and dropped 3 stitches after someone stepped on their project, which had already been stained by their seatmate's wine would do anything dangerous. Oh, Please.

Originally Posted by Ingrid
I'd never risk getting blood on my knitting!!

It would be tempting, though, to use the circ on the creep who keeps the seat reclined all the way during the entire flight...(Just carry an extra!)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 AM   #12
Angelia

Ack...I am soooooo sorry that post came up twice! I don't know what I did!

:thinking:
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 AM   #13
tigger0229
Knitting the Flap

good topic tho!
I'm always paranoid about checking three or four times to make sure I put my expensive gingher scissors in my checked luggage and that my clover is around my neck. I've always taken my cross stitching aboard with no problem.
nice to know knitting and crocheting is allowed.
tigger0229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #14
MaryS
Turning the Heel

One good suggestion I've heard is to always carry a self addressed- stamped envelope with you just in case they confiscate something. That way you can at least mail it back to yourself, and not lose it.

Happy Flying :XX: :XX:

Mary
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:44 PM   #15
Angelia

Originally Posted by MaryS
One good suggestion I've heard is to always carry a self addressed- stamped envelope with you just in case they confiscate something. That way you can at least mail it back to yourself, and not lose it.

Happy Flying :XX: :XX:

Mary
Ooh, great idea, Mary! Thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #16
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Be sure to take along a SASE with you, just in case. They can choose to not allow you on the plane with your needles for any reason, or for no reason. If you have the SASE you can mail the needles back home.
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #17
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
BUT....I think they took out the mailboxes??????? And you can't ask them to do it...

gosh I wish someone from TSA was a KH poster...lol.....

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #18
Racerkatie
1st Leg of the Journey

I checked in here during lunch at my desk and you guys have me LOL.

I had double-pointeds in the stocking I was working on to and from Denver out of Sacramento last week with no problem (knew the TSA site said they were ok, but I still wondered if they would make me unload them from my bag or give me a hard time). The rounded end scissors I sometimes carry have been pulled from my bag one trip out of maybe 10 and inspected to confirm that they were sufficiently rounded and then given back to me. I did not take my Gingher snippers, though, fearing their ends were too sharp and pointy.

Coming home from Denver last week I was worried whether I'd get a harder time about the needles than here in Sacramento. No, instead I got teased about Chocolate! The TSA guy greeting people as they unpacked for inspection wanted to know if I had a laptop or video camera in my briefcase, and for once I didn't have the laptop to drag out and repack so I cheerfully replied "No." And the agent then rather mournfully but insistently asked .... "do you have any CHOCOLATE? I replied that I was so sorry I did not but I'm in Denver relatively often so I could bring some next time. Then the older agent at the metal detector looked at me scoldingly as he took my boarding pass and said "you better have chocolate next time." I promised I would.
Racerkatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 PM   #19
katiyana
Ribbing the Cuff

I usually use the flight time to read instead of knit - but I have taken cross stitch kits in my checked baggage... I wonder if I checked my knitting if it would be OK...

I'll be :XX: and hubby will be *giggle*