Old 11-15-2005, 12:42 AM   #1
dragonjewel
Casting On

Pattern advice
So I'm still pretty new, but I've finished two scarves in a garter pattern, and I'm working on my first ribbed scarf (1x1 rib), but after that.... I don't know what I should do next! I'm making my gifts for this x-mas, and I've got the two women on my list out of the way, so what would be a good project for say, a teenaged boy OR a middle-aged man? (I've got two teenaged boys and two middle-aged men to work for, god help me.)
"They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, which just goes to show they're as confused about anatomy as they gen'rally are about everything else, unless they're talking about instructions on how to stab him, in which case a better way is up and under the rib cage." ~Nanny Ogg
dragonjewel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
HATS. HATS HATS HATS. They are EASY and a GREAT way to introduce yourself to circs and practice your decreases!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 AM   #3
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
I agree, although I admit I've never made a hat before lol. I know how one is done though. I just need to get off my butt and make one...after these socks, fingerless gloves, sweaters, and scarf... haha.

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
Vendie
2nd Sock, I Rock

Definitely hats! I'm making hats for my BILs. They're much quicker than scarves, at least for me, so I'm not as likely to get bored while making them either! Plus they're a fun and easy introduction to decreasing and knitting in the round, like Kelly said.

It's only uphill until you get to the top of the hill

Vendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
dragonjewel
Casting On

thanks everyone! I think that's definitely the way to go... I can make some manly grey hats, or cool multi-coloured hats for the young ones. I'm also thinking, if I start now, of making an afghan for my little (ha!) brother who goes off to college in a couple of years... good going away present, or embarrassing conversation piece?
"They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, which just goes to show they're as confused about anatomy as they gen'rally are about everything else, unless they're talking about instructions on how to stab him, in which case a better way is up and under the rib cage." ~Nanny Ogg
dragonjewel is offline   Reply With Quote