Old 11-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
is anyone working on the "master knitter" program?
I found a mention of master knitter and wanted to see what that involved. Apparently is a course for "stretching your knitting skills". Just wondered if anyone had tried it and what you got out of it. Here is the Level 1 link, there are 3 levels.

https://www.e-offinger.net/tkga/prod...asterhand1.htm
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
I've seen that. Too much like homework to me. Required knitting instead of required reading.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I thought about it, but I don't have the skills to go through all 3 levels as of yet. I do believe that I will do it in a few years, though...I think it would be a cool thing..."I'm a master knitter"...nice ring, don't ya think?! Of course, there is no set time period in which you have to finish all 3 levels, I'm not sure if there's a time period in which you have to return your items for the individual levels....worth lookin into

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
It IS a lot of homework! I don't know if I want to take that much time off my "regular knitting". If I ever run out of things to knit though...maybe
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #5
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
There isn't a time limit, but....if you don't finish in a year, I think you need "new requirements" as they change periodically.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this!!!!!

See...also, I don't think that you really NEED a certain level of experience....you send your swatches/samples in, and if they meet the qualifications, then you pass that level, if not, they send back your swatches, tell you what needs to be fixed, and then you get to try again....and in my case...try and try and try. It is a constructive critisim kind of thing I gather???

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote