Old 11-28-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
knitkat
Ribbing the Cuff

Paton's Divine?
Has anyone tried the Patons Divine yarn? It feels so soft, but I am worring about the content...don't want to be a yarn snob...looks like fun yarn though...your thoughts???
knitkat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-28-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
I used it last year and have a ball for a scarf this year. I made it on 13's so I had a nice loose weave to it. This year I will do it with the drop stitch pattern to make it go super fast.

For scarves I think its great. Like most synthetics, there is not a lot of give to it, but it wasn't as bad as, say Lion Boucle or Lion Homespun to work with.

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
knitkat
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks, I will take that into consideration. I can see what you mean about the give.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
countingsheep
Working the Gusset

Hey! I've got this yarn in my stash! Actually...

OK, I remember... I have a WIP - a scarf - using an elongated stitch pattern. I used the Patons Divine near the end of the scarf as an accent row. Does that make sense?

Try this... I did 3 inches in my verigated LB Homespun yarn then switched to the Patons Divine for 2 inches (elongated stitch) and then went back to the LB. When I get to the other end, I'll repeat this pattern.

Now, my thoughts on the yarn? It was not my favorite. I found it a bit "hairy". I had to be sure to grab the actual strand of yarn and not the hair when I knit. You know, pay attention while I knit rather than just knit. Now, it's not the worst yarn I've ever used by any means but I don't think that I'd like to use it for an entire project. It makes a great accent!

Now, just a disclaimer here... I am not a huge fan of "hairy" yarn. I tend to use smoother yarns but have been known to throw in something fun for accent or fringe on a scarf or things like that. Someone else may be better suited to evaluate this yarn compared to others but... this is my little opinion. Hope it helps!

Would I buy it? Um, I did! You never know when it might come in handy! OK, so I buy anything that catches my eye. What can I say, I'm a yarn ho!

good luck, Angela
countingsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
knitkat
Ribbing the Cuff

You go yarn ho! I know what you mean, I actually couldn't resist it myself!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
countingsheep
Working the Gusset

PLEASE don't let me stop you from trying this yarn!!!

I felt bad after I re-read that. It's really not bad just... not my favorite! I classify yarn in a strange way - smooth, bumpy or hairy. I love smooth and bumpy yarn but I've never been good with the hairy stuff. I tried making chemo caps out of the LB Funfur. Eww... that did not go well for me! I ended up using LB Homespun and a tiny strand of silk blend. I tend to be picky!

Later, Ang
countingsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:44 AM   #7
knitkat
Ribbing the Cuff

No apology necessary, I was looking for feedback. I am trying it on 10.5 now and it actually knits up well. My black slacks are showing the furry pieces so it may be hard to sneak back to work un-noticed...hee.hee!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #8
CateKnits
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to CateKnits Send a message via MSN to CateKnits
I love this stuff. I'm using it for a bunch of scarves for Christmas. The only other thing I've ever made from it is a hat.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Double Pointed - a knitting blog
CateKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:55 PM   #9
roxyquiksilver34
1st Leg of the Journey

I made Glampyre's One Skein Wonder with 1 1/2 skeins LOL

It's a great way to knit up a luxury-looking item with inexpensive yarn. Knits MUCH better than LB Homespun too!
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(((' (((-((('' ((((
roxyquiksilver34 is offline   Reply With Quote