Old 12-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #31
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susies1955
This will be a FIRST for me. I'm going to do a RED APPLE dishcloth.
Susie
I started hand knitting (10/01/2005) and got my embroidery machine for Christmas 2005. I had 2 Bond Incredible Sweater Machines given to me in Feb. of 2007 that I'm really enjoying. http://susies1955.myphotoalbum.com/
http://susieshobbyspot.blogspot.com/
susies1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #32
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

great! all the projects sound fantastic!

I lost the ******ing cord to connect my *******ing camera to the ******* computer, so I can't take a picture of my nephew's uber-ugly hat! But it's done, in 5 hideous colors of WOTA. (colors that look nice in general, just not together! but he picked them!)

well, no that's a lie. I can take the picture, I just can't show it to you all. yet!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #33
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Hmm... would using a multi-colored yarn be allowed? Or do we have to do color changes?
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:21 PM   #34
susies1955
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susies1955
Originally Posted by susies1955
This will be a FIRST for me. I'm going to do a RED APPLE dishcloth.
Susie
I changed my mind already. LOL, I MIGHT make the three crosses dishcloth in red for the blood of Christ and white trim for his purity http://www.knittingknonsense.com/3crossescloth.html OR do a dishcloth with musical notes on it for all the great Christmas music. http://www.knittingknonsense.com/musicnotes.html OR maybe a fish for Christ feeding the fish in green. http://www.crochetnmore.com/betsythebass.htm
I really don't know what I'm doing. LOL,
Susie
I started hand knitting (10/01/2005) and got my embroidery machine for Christmas 2005. I had 2 Bond Incredible Sweater Machines given to me in Feb. of 2007 that I'm really enjoying. http://susies1955.myphotoalbum.com/
http://susieshobbyspot.blogspot.com/
susies1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #35
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Multi-directional knitting
Here's some more inspiration for you...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multidirectional/

This is the Y! group of Iris Schreier, the author of Modular Knits. If you subscribe, you can find all of her tutorials in the files section of the group, and you'll also get tutorials in your e-mail.

I think I'm going to try the Bulls Eye Square today at the YA-YA meeting.
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #36
brightspot
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to brightspot
Ok I am annoyed. I finished the hat. (November-December project?) It was made with smaller yarn than I used on my mother's, but it is bigger The ribbing is also not stretchy. I have never had this problem before. I am going to try sewing the ribbing with elastic thread to make it stretchy and I will let you know if it came out better. :thinking:
Old 12-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #37
Julie
Instepping Out

Well, I finally bit the bullet and did colorwork that required more than two colors. I'm skeered of weaving in all those freakin' ends...but it's off the needles!

The bottom pattern was supposed to be repeated above the hearts but that would have mede for one freakishly tall hat. And I really wish I'd done a roll-brim instead of ribbing...but oh well...all in all it wasn't that painful, and I'll let it out of the house.
Attached Images:

Old 12-05-2005, 02:17 AM   #38
brightspot
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to brightspot
Ok the hat is now a ball of yarn. My youngest daughter said that it looked like a shower cap (pretty much echoing my thoughts). I am going to reknit it into a different kind of hat/scarf combination thing. I will keep you posted.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #39
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie
Well, I finally bit the bullet and did colorwork that required more than two colors. I'm skeered of weaving in all those freakin' ends...but it's off the needles!

The bottom pattern was supposed to be repeated above the hearts but that would have mede for one freakishly tall hat. And I really wish I'd done a roll-brim instead of ribbing...but oh well...all in all it wasn't that painful, and I'll let it out of the house.
It looks wonderful the way it is! Great job!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #40
margie
Instepping Out

Okay, I think I combined the November/December KAL's into one- I originally said that I was going to try socks for the November KAL. I realized that it wasn't going to happen, and did my first hat instead. For December, I did manage my first sock, and it is colorful!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	anthony_s_sock_2_843.jpg
Views:	1430
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	23190  Click image for larger version

Name:	anthony_s_sock_817.jpg
Views:	1435
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	23191  
margie is offline   Reply With Quote