Old 12-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #11
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Good afternoon all! Oh my...I couldn't survive in such COLD weather!! Coastal GA gets far cold enough for me! LOL, since I have this metal in my leg it really attracts cold and I would just FREEZE in your weather...ya'll stay warm...my son called me last night from Kansas and it was 8 degrees there...we were in the 30s....brrrrrr!!! STAY WARM EVERYONE

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #12
feministmama
Instepping Out

Finished my littel iPod cozy last night (even after my encounter with space invading person) I SSSSooooo didn't want to get up this morning. Got a visit from Aunt Flow so my body is all full of water and bloaty and squishy. I don't even want to work on my paper. I only have an hour anyway. Then its off to weekly stich n bitch. This is the last one of the term. I'm the volunteer that meets everyweek. I keep the flow. Make sure everyone plays nice, etc. There's this woman who just doesn't get it. Now this SnB takes place in the Women's Center on campus. Anyone is allowed in the WC as long as you agree to work within the framework of femininism. THis woman has no clue what feminism is about. She says rude things about groups of people (You how Koreans are? ) or "You young people are so stupid" and then proceeds to tell us how whatever incident SHOULD have gone down. She's a total know it all. She's been everywhere (she was in the military) and has an anecdote for everything. I have to remind the group all the time that this is feminist space or I have to redirect conversation to examine biases just laid on the table. It si very tiring. I think next term I should do more directed excercises or something :thinking:
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #13
ebrperk
Knitting the Flap

Norman--What state are you in? Iowa or Minnesota? I thought Cedar Rapids is in Iowa.

It is warmer here today. I think it is above 10 now. Yesterday the high was 3.

Rebecca--What part of Kansas is your son at? I am originally from Wichita.

Robin
ebrperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #14
Norman
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Norman Send a message via AIM to Norman Send a message via MSN to Norman Send a message via Yahoo to Norman
I'm in iowa.. I was just commenting that that sounded like minnesota weather.. I have a friend that lives up there..

Knitting Blog
Webdesigner, Developer and all around nice guy
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #15
tigger0229
Knitting the Flap

and I thought cedar rapids was in MICHIGAN!!
Old 12-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #16
jodstr2
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by tigger0229
Jodi, you mentioned in GM yesterday that you aren't using pre-made soles. what pattern are you using for the clogs?
I'm using the Fiber Trends pattern.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
jodstr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #17
NesanelRose
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to NesanelRose
I've discovered today that not only am I NOT a morning person, but I cannot wear socks while trying to sleep. Was woken up by the constant banging of a woodpecker on the outside wall, climbed lazily out of bed, and immediately regretted that I couldn't stay under the covers.
It is SO cold! We have the heat on, but the house is still freezing. I've tried to warm up, but figure my only chance to do so would be to take a nice hot bath and soak in the warmth.

My mother's ex-boyfriend passed away last night from his coma. I don't know much of the detail of it all, but will probably call my mother to find things out more. Still don't know how I feel about it, but concidering how much pain he was in beforehand(despite how sudden this was), perhaps he's in a much better place.

Getting frustrated at my cell phone, as I cannot recieve or get calls because I believe my father has gotten me a new one for Christmas and has yet to send it to me, even though he already activated it.
I'm probably going to knit a little carrier to keep the new one in once I get it...

Still knitting Christmas Presents.
And I'm wanting that bath now.
NesanelRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #18
Arugula
1st Leg of the Journey

I am pretty disappointed, I am trying to knit my boys sweaters and, being the total cheapskate that I am, was trying to adapt free patterns. It so is not working. On top of that, I was making ds2's out of a bulky variegated yarn and the colorway produces a big circle (of the same color) in the middle or a thin, vertical stripe in the middle no matter where in the yarn I cast on. So I think it just isn't going to work and that is disappointing. So, what else can I make out of it (that isn't a scarf): color 663

The other yarn is: color 32012 I wanted a simple roll neck sweater and I thought it would be comparable to the stripey one someone here did recently with cotton but I can't seem to get the gauge right. When I use #10 needles, my gauge is more like 21 sts = 4", not 16 like the website says. And they aren't very tight. So what is going on? I feel really retarded.