Florida Knitting & Spinning Event
I am SOOOOO excited about this! Rebecca, will you be here on January 7th?? There is someone else vacationing here at that time, too ... but I can't find the post. Other Florida knitters ...can you come play?? I just joined this floida fiber fourm so I don't know anything about it except this notice .... like I said, I am so excited ....
2nd Annual Orlando Area Distaff Day
Hosted by the Sunshine Orlando Spinners
And The Orlando Area Knitters
Date: Saturday, January 7th, 2006
Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Presbyterian Church of the Lakes
4700 Lincoln Ave.
Orlando, FL 32819
What to Bring:
1.Spinning Wheel, Knitting, Weaving, Beading, etc. (whatever you have put away, or not, and want to work on)
2.Bag Lunch – There is a Publix and Albertson’s close by w/ a deli if any one forgets.
3. Coffee or Tea mug - The Hosting Guilds will provide the beverage and treats. (cookies and veggies)
4. *Item for the “Yankee Swap” Put in plain paper bag and seal so the contents cannot be viewed. (Participation is optional, some folks like to just watch)
5. *Items for the “Sale Table” Just like last year. Items that you have decided you might not want and would like to sell. Put a tag on the item with you name and price.
6. *FREE TABLE – Some people prefer just to give things away, so get to the “Distaff Day” early – “The early bird gets the worm!!”
NEW THIS YEAR:
*“The Fashion Show” – We are a talented group of women!! Time to show off!! Bring out the shawls, hats, socks etc. Whatever it is you are most proud of! Tell us about the item, how you made it, etc.
*“Friendship Fiber” - First email me to let me know if you plan on participating. After I find out the number of people participating, I will email you and let them know how much fiber to bring. For example if 20 people want to participate, then bring 1/2 oz. or 10 oz of fiber. (You will need to divide the fiber you bring to share with 20 people) so bring enough ounces of fiber to share with others.
* All activities are voluntary. Feel free to participate in all or none
10:00 -12:00 - Meet, Greet, Coffee, Goodies, Spin, and Knit
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 - Fashion Show
2:00 - 3:00 - Yankee Swap
3:00 - 5:00 - More Spinning, Knitting, Chatting, Sharing
I am DebbieKnits on Ravelery