Old 12-17-2005, 12:39 AM   #1
MaliMoo
Casting On

Need an Original Pattern
Hi everyone! :D I'm completely new to knitting and am still learning to do all the different stitches and I'd like to have a pattern made for me since I have not been able to find one that I like.

What I want is to make a hat w/ small bear ears and ear flaps. But I'd like the ear flaps to be knitted continuously into the hat instead of stitching it together after the body's done. And I'd like the bear ears to be a different color on the front side, like the bears & kittens ears.

If anyone could make the pattern for me, I'd appreciate it. I'd like the hat and ears to be like this hat, without the VW and the ribbing. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ar+hat&start=0
MaliMoo is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-17-2005, 01:22 AM   #2
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
if you dont have ribbing the edge needs to have something else or the edge will curl up, unless that's what you want.... im sure you could just find a basic earflap hat pattern and add two halfcircles to the top of the hat.

Sorry i'm not much help, but it'd be really easy to figure out, even for a beginning knitter.

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Re: Need an Original Pattern
Originally Posted by MaliMoo
Hi everyone! :D I'm completely new to knitting and am still learning to do all the different stitches and I'd like to have a pattern made for me since I have not been able to find one that I like.

What I want is to make a hat w/ small bear ears and ear flaps. But I'd like the ear flaps to be knitted continuously into the hat instead of stitching it together after the body's done. And I'd like the bear ears to be a different color on the front side, like the bears & kittens ears.

If anyone could make the pattern for me, I'd appreciate it. I'd like the hat and ears to be like this hat, without the VW and the ribbing. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ar+hat&start=0
I don't think that anyone here is in the position to make a pattern for you. If you find one, though, we'd be happy to help you with it.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

I'm going to be knitting baby hats soon, anyway, and I rarely if ever use a pattern - I'd be happy to see what I can come up with, but it will have to be after the holidays.
You may not be able to get all of the details exactly the way you want them, but I'm pretty sure I could accomodate most of them (they're right about the ribbing, though!!)
Do you need this by a certain time?

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
candicane
Working the Gusset

hat pattern
What about starting with the pattern for the kitty hat from Stitch n'Bitch? The hat has earflaps and kitty ears. Just modify the shape and color of the ears. My aunt made this hat for my daugther with ears that look more like a mouse. She is unbelievably cute in it!

Candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
MaliMoo
Casting On

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
I'm going to be knitting baby hats soon, anyway, and I rarely if ever use a pattern - I'd be happy to see what I can come up with, but it will have to be after the holidays.
You may not be able to get all of the details exactly the way you want them, but I'm pretty sure I could accomodate most of them (they're right about the ribbing, though!!)
Do you need this by a certain time?
Whenever is fine. Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by candicane
What about starting with the pattern for the kitty hat from Stitch n'Bitch? The hat has earflaps and kitty ears. Just modify the shape and color of the ears. My aunt made this hat for my daugther with ears that look more like a mouse. She is unbelievably cute in it!

Candice
I don't quite like the style of the hat. But I am kind of using it as the outline of my hat, along with some others I've found.
MaliMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
Mer
Working the Gusset

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/...igBearHat.html

How about that?

"I will remember that no one has ever been killed or maimed by being adventurous with knitting, no matter how pointy the needles." The Yarn Harlot
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote