Old 12-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #41
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Originally Posted by foldedbird
I *hate* homespun. The feel of it makes my toenails curl.
Perfect analogy!! :rofling:

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #42
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
hehehe. I just unloaded the last of my stash of homeshun (except the bit that's tangled up with something else) on my unsuspecting mother in law. :rofling:

Hope she enjoys it!
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #43
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Originally Posted by foldedbird
hehehe. I just unloaded the last of my stash of homeshun (except the bit that's tangled up with something else) on my unsuspecting mother in law. :rofling:

Hope she enjoys it!
I gave all of mine to my oldest daughter. She, for some reason, loves it, so she got a bunch for Christmas. I feel better knowing it's out of the house. :rofling:

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #44
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

WOW!!!! Bob, Tricot and Sonnet were *all* on my list. I finally settled on Hippy Chick from Patternworks. I want to shorten the sleeves to a 3/4 length I thinkknit it in Merino Style from Knitpicks, but I'm not sure of a color.... I like rubarb, cornflower, frost and honey. Ohhhhh decisions decisions!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:40 PM   #45
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Oh, these patterns are all so great! I LOVE the Bob pattern! Jazz, I hope you do that one!

Denise, thanks! Okay, she says to do it with cotton or other innelastic yarn. Now THAT makes sense to me. Cool trick! Also makes sense for especially tall/long garments like Mary's that are just so darned weighty.

If anyone's looking for some yarn steals, I just posted a thread here about yarn.com's biggest sale of the year, which is this week, ending Jan. 2nd.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:10 PM   #46
Angelia

Oooh, this is exciting! I'm knitting Tubey in Merino Style, so that will work in TWO KALs. And the dh got me The Sweater Workshop for Christmas, and I've already fallen in love with one of the sweaters in there...that might be sweater two. I'm loving the choices many of you are considering, though--Bob and Sonnet particularly.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 AM   #47
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Thanks for the tip Denise. I'm going to check out Stitch n Bitch.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:45 AM   #48
Jazzmatazz
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks for the link to yarn.com, Amy. I just got a heckuva bargain on a bag of Desert Garden for my Bob!
Jazzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #49
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Yay! I was just eyeing sweaters longingly.

I think I've decided on Tempting: http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTtempting.html from knitty.....

I've been eyeing it awhile I feel like I can manage it. I'm WAY curvy, my waist to hip ratio is freakish at best, so this close fitting kind of sweater is what I always look for, but rarely find.

I'm gonna make my first sweater AND join my first KAL! I'm excited. I may lengthen the sleeves a bit on this one if I can figure out how, as I prefer a cap or a 3/4 to a true short sleeve - which this appears to me. I'm hoping it will be as simple as extending the pattern a few inches for the sleeves. *crosses fingers* I may do the same to lengthen the bodice if I need to. Crops don't work on me, and normal length slook cropped cuzza my hips.

Cool idea to make it progressive and several projects long Hildie. Awesome KAL...there's something for everyone in this one.

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #50
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Originally Posted by Jazzmatazz
Thanks for the link to yarn.com, Amy. I just got a heckuva bargain on a bag of Desert Garden for my Bob!
GREAT!

K4BB, that Tempting pattern looks awesome.

Angelia, I love the Tubey pattern too.

I can't wait to see how these progress!

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote