Old 12-29-2005, 01:21 PM   #51
Angelia

Join us in the Tubey KAL, Amy!!!

Knit the precioussss...the Tubeeeey!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #52
lisak
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to lisak
So when do we really need to have all of our stuff ready to go? Are we starting on JAN 1?! I am getting so anxious!!

I've decided I am going to do the sunset pullover, but I can't decide on a color! I also have a horrible sense of style so I need some help! And since this is more like a summer top, I don't have a swim suit yet so I don't know what will match! Oh the agony! :(

Ok, so here's me this past summer (pardon the no make-up face):

And here are the colors I like:

I like the orange, but I think that may be because that's what I can see on the finished product. This shouldn't be so hard!! Just tell me what I should do! Have I whined long enough?

and I know I should be making a springy thing, but I want to have this one for summer and I want to make my mom the Tempting sweater for her b-day in August. Hope that's not bad that it's not for me!
Old 12-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #53
vcuchica931
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to vcuchica931
Originally Posted by lisak
I also have a horrible sense of style so I need some help! And since this is more like a summer top, I don't have a swim suit yet so I don't know what will match! Oh the agony! :(
Whats with the putting yourself down?! I don't want to hear anymore of it!

Your tank top in the picture is cute, nice and fitted for you, so I don't know what youre talking about anyways!

Yes, the official start date is Jan 1st, but i think the hw for the first week is just deciding what pattern to do and to get the materials needed...which everyone is already doing.

Did you want to make the sweater and then buy your swimsuit according to the color of the sweater or make the sweater according to what bathing suit you think you might get? The natural would go with anything, and i think the pink would too, because its nice and pale. But my fav. colors for the sweater are the orange and blue (blue's my fav color, but i dont know how it would look as the sweater. and it might be too bright)
Well there's my opinion. Good luck deciding!
Old 12-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #54
lisak
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks Shayla! I think I'm just so worried about picking one and then when it's all said and done it looking like vomit.

I do like the blue and orange too - it's so pretty. The orange just shouts the name of the sweater!

I am still pondering - I wish I could see them all knit up to decide! :rollseyes:

I guess I may have a few more days to ponder it!
Old 12-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #55
Angelia

I kind of like that wheaty color; it will go with everything! Oooh, it would look great with jeans and a funky summer-colored scarf!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #56
lisak
1st Leg of the Journey

I like the taupe color too Angelia. I was thinking maybe it would be tooo plain, but you are right it would go with a lot. I am leaning toward the blue. It's so bright (I like the orange, but I don't think that color would look so hot on me!) Thanks for the input!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:58 PM   #57
Jillle
Turning the Heel

I think I may have lost my mind. I will be knitting my first sweater. I spent a boatload of $$ on the yarn. Noro Kochoran, Color No. 14.
Does anyone think this is totally crazy for a first sweater. I just cast on and am going for it.[/img]
Attached Images:

Jillle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #58
wildforyarn
Turning the Heel

Lisa, I like the orange too. I don't know if it is because I think it would go good with your tan and hair color or if it is because I can see the finished product!

I think I am also in for the KAL... have to pick my sweater now. I have been dying to do the ribbed cardigan... forgot the actual name of it, but there was a different KAL a while back for it. I love cardigans and want something versatile. Have some time at work.... going to check out patterns. Yea! I'm excited. Getting to actually knit for myself!

wildforyarn on Ravelry

wildforyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:00 PM   #59
Lady M
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm gain but need some help !!!
Im really jumping into this feet first , only knitting for 3 weeks now , but you have to ge wet sometime. I just have one problem now and someone can help me with it.

I have lost 286 pounds in the last 4 years, but I am still a heafty hen.

I need a size 4x or 5x pattern to help hide my "sags" until I loose enough to have some resonstructive sugery.

If I can locate an ample pattern I will be so happy to knit sweaters with you all. I purchased 2 pattern books , Knitting in the Old Way by Priscilla Gibson Roberts , to see if I can make a pattern to fit , and Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie Stoller. Perhaps these will help.

If anyone has any ideals, I would appreciate it so much!!!

Anne
Lady M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #60
SkoXylo
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to SkoXylo
I wanted to learn to make sweaters and now seems as good a time as any. :D Now, if I could only decide between Peppermint Twist from Stitch & Bitch and Tempting II. Decisions, decisions. I think I'm looking more forward to seeing all your lovely finished products than seeing my own.

Also, Anne, have you seen this book? Knit Plus-Size Sweater Wardrobe

On the needles: Yellow basketweave baby blanket, dishrags, legwarmers, color block afgan
In my knitting dreams: Booga bag, spring sweater
SkoXylo is offline   Reply With Quote