Old 12-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
gonna_b_no_1
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to gonna_b_no_1 Send a message via Yahoo to gonna_b_no_1
help please, i'm near tears!!!
I got this patern online. Asks for a mini-bobble and then a bobble.

The instructions are:

MB=mini*bobble:
K1, p1, k1 all into same stitch. you will now have 3 stitches from ONE stitch (HUH?) Take the tip of left needle and lift the furthest away over the top of the other 2, then lift the second over the first one-ta da mini-bobble made!

HUH?

Could someone please break this down step by step because I have no clue!!! 6 hours later I'm frustrated and just about ready to give up!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
basically you are knitting into the front of the stitch (like you normally do) but NOT pulling the stitch off the needle. Then you knit into the back of the loop and still don't pull the stitch off the needle, THEN you go back and knit into the front of the loop again.....and finally you pull the stitch off the needle. (if you go here and scroll down to K1 F&B you will see how to do the first two parts of that and all you have to do is just knit into the front again to finish that stitch off.

Now once you have all three of those stitches on your right needle then you take the first one you did (the one farthest from the point) and pass it over the other stitches and then do the same thing with the one that was second from the tip.

hope that helps some.

Do not follow my instructions.....i was letting my snot fogged brain lead me in the wrong direction!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #3
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Hope this helps~~Knit 1 stitch and before you drop the stitch off the left hand needle, bring the yarn to the front of your work and purl 1 stitch into the same stitch you just did the knit stitch, and again don't drop the stitch from the left needle and bring yarn to the back and make another knit into the same stitch. Once that is done, drop the stitch off the left hand needle and you should have 3 stitches on your right needle. Take the tip of your left hand needle and pick up the first knit stitch you made and lift it over the top of the other 2 stitches and drop it off the right hand needle, then do the same with the stitch you purled and lift it over the last knit stitch you made and drop it off the right needle. Now you have one stitch remaining on your right hand needle, and that makes the bobble.

I hope this makes sense~~( I hope it is right )

Lisa
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

oh crap...i am sorry i didn't notice the purl part.....sorry!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #5
gonna_b_no_1
Casting On

re:help....
So, am I creating new stitches??

Knit one, then take the loop I pull through the knit (without taking the original one off needle) put that onto the needle, and then p1 in that loop? (without taking off needle) and then k1 (without taking off needle?) so i end up with 3 stictches from the first? and then "cast off" the first 2?

sigh!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

well essentially that is correct. basically when you are done with the bobble you won't have any more stitches on your needles than you started with but you have to pass those other two stitches over to make it happen.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #7
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

Mini bobble
Fran,

You will need to knit into the stitch as usual, but do not take it off the left needle. Bring your yarn to the front and purl this same stitch, still not taking it off the left needle. Then take your yarn back to the back and knit into this stitch again, then slip it off the left needle as usual. You will now have on your right needle three new stitches. Take your left needle and insert it into the third new stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over, and off the right needle (it will kind of wrap this stitch). Then take the second stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over and off the needle. This will make your bobble and you will end up with only the one new stitch holding the bobble on your right needle. Clear as mud? Hope this helps.

Mary
Sknitter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #8
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Knit one and keep that stitch on your right hand needle without dropping the left hand needle stitch, you are then going to purl into the same left hand needle stitch you just did the knit on. and then knit again into the same stitch. You are basically using the same left hand stitch 3 times before dropping it off the needle.

Lisa
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #9
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

Mini bobble
Fran,

You will need to knit into the stitch as usual, but do not take it off the left needle. Bring your yarn to the front and purl this same stitch, still not taking it off the left needle. Then take your yarn back to the back and knit into this stitch again, then slip it off the left needle as usual. You will now have on your right needle three new stitches. Take your left needle and insert it into the third new stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over, and off the right needle (it will kind of wrap this stitch). Then take the second stitch on your right needle and lift it up, over and off the needle. This will make your bobble and you will end up with only the one new stitch holding the bobble on your right needle. Clear as mud? Hope this helps.

Mary
Sknitter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #10
gonna_b_no_1
Casting On

errr
who knew making toes could be so goofy!!!!

I think I might have it here!!!