Old 01-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
"center stitch" clarification please & color c
My first question of 2006! YAY!

I am working that shawl pattern and every other row, it calls for an increase after the 1st stitch, before and after the "center stitch" and then before the last stitch making those lovely eyelets. My last frogging was because I missed the center stitch by one and although subtle, it was driving me batty. SO, here's the question.

In a pattern like this, will the center stitch ever change? Logically, it seems to me no, but me+knitting+logic=danger zone. This last frogging, I placed a ring marker before and after the center stitch and I *think* I can just leave them there the remainder of the project the way these increases work... Am I correct?

Also, is there a general rule about changing colors on RS or WS rows?

Thanks!!!!

Wishing everyone the best year ever!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
You're all set with the center stitch. It won't change and a marker or two are your best bet for keeping track.

It doesn't really matter on what side you change the color. It only makes a difference if your right side has purls on it. When you change colors, the first row of purls stitches shows two colors, but if your purls are on the wrong side it doesn't matter.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
I noticed on some of my color changes the 2-color dash effect, which I really don't mind, kinda neat actually, but just wasn't sure which side was creating them.

Thanks so much for your help, Ingrid!!! I am definitely leaving those ring markers and wish I did it 50 rows ago!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote