Old 01-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Elann!
I didn't realize how EXCELLENT their prices are until now! (Never really checked them out before now! ) In random browsing, I saw several luscious yarns in the $2.50-$3.50 range. I'm in awe!

I'm proud to announce that Elann is now a major advertiser here. In fact they are my first official Video Sponsor.

I've got another major advertiser coming up this week, another very pleasant surprise, stay tuned!

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
But Amy. I love elann. And it's killing me. You saw what I bought! I think I need to go look at my new yarn to remind myself. And my MC bill.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Just think of how much happiness and peaceful knitting time each skein of yarn brings to your life.

(Do I get an award for being such a good enabler? )

Spend, Ingrid, Spend!! Bwaaahaaahaaa. (evil laugh.)

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

I too am an elann lover--and of course, I KnitPicks too! I got my little 5 inch Bryspuns for sock knitting for less than $6 a set of 5!! I was extremely happy with everything I've ordered there--and they also have swaps too, if you've never looked there!! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN to shop for yarn--but I. MUST.NOT. SHOP. FOR. ANYTHING. NOW. :(

OTN--Just socks right now. Not good at more than 1 thing at a time!
Ellen Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
mintdee
Working the Gusset

But see you people MUST buy yarn and post pretty pics of it here so that I may live vicariously through your yarn purchases! Needing yarn fix...

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
carollovesyarn
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to carollovesyarn
Elann's great! I subscribed last year to the samples and was given the sample subscription again this year. I like how subscriptions and book purchases are paid back in credits. I've had a lot of fun buying yarns I never would have been able to afford elsewhere.

I'm glad they're one of your sponsors - I'll have to click through to them from here next time I place an order.

In the Wings: felted clogs, socks

Recent FO: dishcloth for swap, booties for cousins babe

KALs: Grannie Smith, Monthly Dishcloths, Mason-Dixon
carollovesyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #7
Julie
Instepping Out

A friend told me about Elann last year right after I learned to knit. I've gotten beautiful yarn (and great service) from them!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #8
Mer
Working the Gusset

Hooray! I love elann too.

"I will remember that no one has ever been killed or maimed by being adventurous with knitting, no matter how pointy the needles." The Yarn Harlot
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 AM   #9
kimmie
Turning the Heel

I have a question about the sample subscription...what do you do with the small amounts of yarn? See if you like them so you can buy more, or knit tiny things? Maybe there is more yarn than I realize. Do tell!
kimmie
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:50 AM   #10
Angelia

Glad I caught this thread! Suddenly, the videos appeared quite differently than they had before and I didn't understand why!

Yay for Elann! I've never ordered from them. Now I must! (Like I need any excuse for such a thing....)