Old 01-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
miss_jms
Ribbing the Cuff

How do I fix a wrong stitch... 4 rows later...
I started this soaker for Emily, which begins with a ribbed edge (K2 P1). Since this is an unequal number, when I turn it over to the next row (P2 K1), I get confused in my head, lol.

I've gone back and noticed that there are several times when I've purled instead of knitted, and vice versa. Is there a way to fix this without frogging the whole 9 rows I've done so far?

Usually this probably wouldn't bother me. But since it's some yarn that I dyed, you can very much see the messed up stitches because of the color change.

TIA!!!
miss_jms is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
Check out Amy's video on correcting mistakes.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
miss_jms
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks, Ingrid!! I should really start looking through the videos before freaking out, LOL.
miss_jms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #4
franna724
Ribbing the Cuff

I once had to drop down about 6 rows to fix a couple of stitches without frogging. It's a very daunting task for someone who's never done it before. And I was knitting at work and didn't have a crochet hook. Thankfully, I had a spare DPN and used that. I found that it wasn't that hard, and it's definitely a valuable thing to know. Before learning this skill, I would frog back however many rows, and I quickly got sick of ripping out good knitting for a couple mistakes.

Hopefully it turned out okay for you!
franna724 is offline   Reply With Quote