Old 02-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #141
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Do you think size 9 DPN's with a worsted weight yarn be a cozy hat? And how many stitches should I cast on??
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #142
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jenelle
Do you think size 9 DPN's with a worsted weight yarn be a cozy hat? And how many stitches should I cast on??
Jenelle, this is the basic hat pattern that I and several others use. You can use any size yarn and needles. I know my basic hat pattern pretty much by heart now. Once you make a couple then it becomes easy to go off on your own a bit or do other patterns. At least for me it was.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #143
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Ahh thank you Jan... I might need help with that because it look confusing.

Do you knit up a st st sample like a 4in x 4in?? Or do you knit the hat??!

I am soo confused with this one
Old 02-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #144
jessi_9783
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to jessi_9783
If you want to try something a bit easier, just to get your feet wet, I used this method. It's easy and hilarious.
jessi_9783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #145
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Yes.... easy AND hilarious :rofling:

but the problem is getting 16in circulars and DPN's... I made my DPN's with chop sticks from a resturaunt :P Everytime I go to Joann's. they are sold out!!!! :( I never get there fast enough to grab em, and usually the only size they have I think is 0000's... and I don't really want to work with them(honest).

Any other solutions? I hate seaming hats :(
Old 02-09-2006, 12:27 AM   #146
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Jenelle --

One of our KH members -- Carol_OH -- has a company called TaraKnit where she collects used needles from wherever, and then re-sells them. She has nearly every size you can image in DPNs, and probably in circs, too.

Do you think your Mom would be OK w/ you ordering from Carol online? I know many people on here have, and her service and reliability are quite good.

Jan --

I've noticed lately that most of the time my posts are shorter than my sig. Is that bad?

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:17 AM   #147
Jenelle
Instepping Out

As long as we can go through paypal to pay. My mom doesn't like using money orders or any other way like that because she doesn't trust the person. I don't blame her really. You hear stories and stuff on the news about that kind of stuff sometimes and it scares her
Old 02-09-2006, 03:25 AM   #148
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
Originally Posted by DotMom61
Jenelle --

Jan --

I've noticed lately that most of the time my posts are shorter than my sig. Is that bad?
LOL Not at all! It just struck me as funny today.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #149
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by Jenelle
As long as we can go through paypal to pay. My mom doesn't like using money orders or any other way like that because she doesn't trust the person. I don't blame her really. You hear stories and stuff on the news about that kind of stuff sometimes and it scares her
Jenelle --

If it helps any at all, I've placed many orders for stuff through the Internet. As long as you shop at well-known, reputable vendors, you should be OK. I think Carol qualifies in that category, too! And I believe she *does* use PayPal.

Good luck finding the needles you need!!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
Old 02-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #150
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
LOL Not at all! It just struck me as funny today.
Well, Jan, I'm glad I got you to laugh then. It is my mission in life to make as many people laugh as I can!!! wa ha ha ha ha ha {snort}