Old 01-23-2006, 12:03 AM   #31
Julie
Instepping Out

Behold the gnome: Baby Gnome

Great stash buster

And Kelly...I don't think you *have* to make something else...I made my socks first, then it seemed a little odd to me, just socks...so I made the hat, and then I just HAD to make a gnome.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-23-2006, 01:36 AM   #32
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Oh my GOSH!!! Those are fabulous!!! I am just speechless ... and a little veklempt.

Kelly -- we are going to be there most of the day on Tuesday getting some follow-up scans done. We're never sure how things are going to go there -- time-wise -- but we might be able to sneak out in-between scans & come get the hat.

Julie -- If we didn't have to be there so dang early on Tues., I'd stop by and pick up your stuff, too. But we have to *be* there by 9 am, and it's at least an hour drive that time of the morning. Would you prefer to drop them in the mail? Oh wait ... you just said you're making something for twin sister, too. I'm guessing you want to wait until all the stuff is done then. Perhaps sometime in February?? ;-)

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #33
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Let me know how your day goes....Id be most happy to come over later in the afternoon.
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:42 AM   #34
Julie
Instepping Out

Julie, I am SO almost done! Are you going to be out and about tomorrow? Could I met you somewhere, like the library? Or the yarn store?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #35
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
I'll touch base with you when we get done w/the bone scan. It's first. Really, you don't have to come all the way over!! I think it would be just as easy for us to come to you. We might have a big break in the middle of all this, anyway. If not then, we should be done by 3 pm, and then we could come by after that. Of course, all this is contingent on healthy blood counts. :rollseyes: (I sound like I have a fear of commitment, don't I?)

OK ... according to my new "health regimen," I was going to be in bed by 11 pm. ARgh!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
Old 01-23-2006, 01:53 AM   #36
Julie
Instepping Out

Wait...the scans are Tuesday, right? Isn't tomorrow Monday?

Get some rest and we'll talk about it tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:56 AM   #37
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Julie
Julie, I am SO almost done! Are you going to be out and about tomorrow? Could I met you somewhere, like the library? Or the yarn store?
Oh, I wish!!! We are going to be heading in the opposite direction tomorrow. I have to deliver DD to Grandma tomorrow, and we're meeting in Dixon.

Hmmm ... what else can we pull off? We'll be headed back to Loyola on Friday afternoon. I wonder if we could get together before then. How's about if we talk after Tuesday. (Again w/the commitment thing. Sorry.) Do you have my home ph#?

Old 01-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #38
Julie
Instepping Out

I totally understand the commitment thing! Yes, I have your number, and I'll likely be in Geneva Thursday...if we're unable to connect then, I will just put them in the mail! No worries....I will give you a call. :D

Now go to bed, young lady!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:05 AM   #39
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Yes, ma'am.

We have nothing on Thursday except for recovering from a Rolling Stones concert on Wed. night. (I still can't believe we're going.)

Anyway, maybe we can meet up Thursday afternoon somewhere for ice cream or coffee or yarn or books or maybe all of those!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #40
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
I think we are going to have to communicate about Tuesday online.....I dont even have a hoarse squeak this mornin.....Im down to a WHISPER! :(

(Al looks like this: )
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote