Old 01-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #41
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
This is a great idea that you all are doing

I'd like to join in on the fun!
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #42
margie
Instepping Out

Count me in with Jenelle- I hadn't read the thread before today, but I'd like to join in- Dotmom, if you can let me know who still needs things, that'd be good- I kind of lost track of who was already taken from the original list.
margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #43
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
I remember seeing a hat that you use fun fur for... I think that would be nice.. I know I have a free ball of bernat disco on the way here... Maybe I can pick up another ball when it arrives and send it off
Old 01-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #44
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by DotMom61
Here are the kids and some ideas I think would be good for them:

J. -- girl; age 2-3 -- an adorable little girl with big brown eyes, and recently departed lovely brown, curly hair -- some ideas: perhaps one of Julie's lovely hats??? (hint hint!)

A. -- boy; age 9/10 -- loves the Cubs, video games, board games, etc.; has been quite sick -- I'm not quite sure what would be good for this guy, but he's really a fun-loving kid. Perhaps a hat, scarf or felted clogs? Think about it and see what inspires you. His mother is also a lovely person, and she has had a lot to deal with. I don't feel like it's my place to share personal information here, but this family has really gone through a lot in the past year. Oh, and there are Dad and big brother, too.

A. -- boy; age 10 -- don't know much about this guy except that he's on recurrence #3 or 4. -- Same ideas as above.

A. -- girl; age 15 -- typical teenage girl who would probably love some of the funkier stuff off of Knitty.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully, I'll get a list from my friend in the not-too-distant future, and I'll get it out to you as soon as I do.

Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best!
Jenelle & Margie !!!

I copied my original list above, and I've removed the three kids that Kelly & Julie are knitting for. Please pick one of the above, post who it is, and when you're done, PM me, and I'll send you my snail mail address.

THANK YOU!! :sunny:

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #45
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Quote:
A. -- girl; age 15 -- typical teenage girl who would probably love some of the funkier stuff off of Knitty.
I can take her I'm near her age too
Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM   #46
margie
Instepping Out

. -- boy; age 9/10 -- loves the Cubs, video games, board games, etc.; has been quite sick -- I'm not quite sure what would be good for this guy, but he's really a fun-loving kid. Perhaps a hat, scarf or felted clogs? Think about it and see what inspires you. His mother is also a lovely person, and she has had a lot to deal with. I don't feel like it's my place to share personal information here, but this family has really gone through a lot in the past year. Oh, and there are Dad and big brother, too.

I will take this wonderful family. I have a boy who is almost 9, so I feel closer to them- and cannot imagine what life has been like for them, but would love to do anything to brighten a day for them. I'll ask my boys for ideas- and see what we can come up with!!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #47
margie
Instepping Out

The boys decided clogs. I figure if I make them a size or so larger than I made my older sons, they should be okay. My son has big feet, anyway! I looked online- it seems as though the Cubs colors are red, white and blue- I was thinking of doing that- do you think? Or would that be tacky?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:23 PM   #48
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
That would be COOL! But, you'll have to find a white that would felt....you MIGHT just do red and blue.... :thinking:
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #49
Julie
Instepping Out

Margie!! Our LYS has a pic of the coooolest Cubs clogs made in their embellishing class.... in the bottom row of this pic: http://www.woolandcompany.net/detail.aspx?ID=3048

Old 01-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #50
margie
Instepping Out

Ooooooooooooo- Those are SO COOL!!! I've never done any needle felting before- any tips, anyone? (HILDE??) I would love to make those clogs.