Old 01-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #51
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Ohh those are nice clogs!!

Is that a rabbit clog I see?
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #52
margie
Instepping Out

Okay, just let me say that I am so excited to make these Cubs clogs for this boy!! I've gotten one clog finished except the outer sole. I looked online today, and got some info on needle felting- I'm going to give it a try!!
I've got my knitting group tonight- I'm going to ask if anyone there has ever done any needle felting.
margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #53
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Margie --

That is awesome!! I also showed the pic from Wool & Co to Julie @ the hospital today along w/ Kelly & Julie's FOs, and she was beside herself. I can't wait to pick up this stuff & deliver it on Friday! (Since I couldn't get over to see KK today ... :crying: )

Margie -- when I showed the clogs to Julie (@ the hospital), she laughed out loud and exclaimed how much she thought A. would like them. And, to add icing to the cake, I hear he is doing pretty well right now, but still has a long road ahead.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:29 AM   #54
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK

Any chance of joining me at CwS for open knit night tomorrow, Jul??
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #55
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by KellyK

Any chance of joining me at CwS for open knit night tomorrow, Jul??
No, 'cause I'm goin' to see the Stones!!!!

Although, I would like to come join you there sometime. It's pretty tough for me to get away for evening stuff, though. What time do they start??

Did you get my message this afternoon??

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
Old 01-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #56
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

OH that's RIGHT!!!! You are gonna have the BEST time! My MIL took all of us to see the Stones, two farewell tours ago, I think. I cant believe how much energy that Mick has!!!! REALLY good show.

I did not get your message...I left work early because several coughing fits left me with a HORRID headache. :(

I go every Wednesday....I run home, feed the pooches, and go.....with Howie....they close at 9. So, I would say you can find me there any time after 5.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:24 AM   #57
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Well, I left a voicemail on your cell phone instead of @ work, 'cause I knew you had been sick, and I wasn't sure you were there. Sorry to hear about your headache. :( Are you better? This thing has really hit you hard, huh?

Perhaps in the not-too-distant future, I'll be able to swing a Wed. night. I would *love* that!

Old 01-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #58
margie
Instepping Out

I have the clogs almost knitted- one is completely done, but I don't think I have enough red left to do the 2nd sole for the other clog. I'll have to get more this weekend at my LYS. I went online this morning, and was able to order a needle felting starter kit, and some roving to go with it! It's coming from my most favorite not-so-local LYS (it's a couple of hours away from me), and they are mailing it out today, so hopefully I'll get it this weekend!

I am glad to hear that he is doing better. Hopefully the clogs will turn out as great as I"m hoping they will, and will brighten his day!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #59
margie
Instepping Out

They still need a little bit of a tune-up, and I didn't get my "C's" to match very well, but the Cubs clogs are done!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cubbie_clogs.jpg
Views:	1087
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	24601  
Old 01-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #60
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss