Old 01-10-2006, 02:17 AM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
Peruvian Collection Highland Wool anyone?
Has anyone tried or at least touched this wool sold at elann? i need something not for felting and reasonably soft, but not a fortune as i need like 4000 yards and was wondering what the hand of this was like. thanks bunches!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #2
carollovesyarn
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to carollovesyarn
Hi--

I've used this, but not unfelted. What are you making? I wouldn't say it is "soft", but my feet are happy and don't itch - I made Fuzzyfeet. It's not scratchy either. Good value.

What are you making that takes 4000 yds - a blanket? Knitpicks WOTA is cheaper, though I can't say if it's softer. I have some, but haven't used it yet. To me they're interchangeable.

Carol

In the Wings: felted clogs, socks

Recent FO: dishcloth for swap, booties for cousins babe

KALs: Grannie Smith, Monthly Dishcloths, Mason-Dixon
carollovesyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Re: Peruvian Collection Highland Wool anyone?
Originally Posted by boyforpele13
I need something not for felting and reasonably soft
Are you saying you need something that wont felt? Because this would not be that yarn....

But, GAWD all those colors are GORGEOUS!!! Im gonna have to keep that schtuff in mind for other projects!!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
Re: Peruvian Collection Highland Wool anyone?
That wasn't very clear, sorry. It is for a garment that won't be felted ever. I'm teaching a friend to knit this weekend (SO EXCITED!) and after her first project is complete, we are going to make Revolution from Knitty as a knit-along. It's actually not quite 4000 yards and if this Okinawa Diet works it will be WAY shyer. I think I've decided to splurge and go with Andean Silk for this this project, though. I do love the pallete of this Peruvian stuff, as well, and for the price, it's a nice alternative to WOTA anyway! Seems they have lots!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
Old 01-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
I have used Peruvian. It is a pretty soft yarn - it is suggested for that Ribby Cardigan. The colors are absolutely luscious. A bit more expensive than WOTA, but a different color palette.

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
melissa.atkins
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to melissa.atkins Send a message via Yahoo to melissa.atkins Send a message via Skype™ to melissa.atkins
Ohhh... this if OT but I had to say it... I love Peruvian Yarn, same as Peruvian Cotton... I am Peruvian!!! I have to admit that I havent gone to many yarn stores while I was living there though. I will have to make a full day trip to them on July when I go visit so I come back "loaded".

Boyforpele13, I hope your teaching class goes great!!! :XX:
Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Well, both the Peruvian wool and the Andean Silk will have to be hand-washed....they WILL felt if given the right conditions!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Right, handwash cool water, flat to dry, minimal agitation. I should have said it won't be deliberately felted. I better not ever be a victim of one of those spouse/friend/mom did the laundry horror stories.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Thanks Melissa!!! We're both pretty excited! I knew if I babbled to her about knitting for long enough, she'd come around and she finally did! We've always inspired craftiness in one another, so it was meant to be. :-)