Old 01-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
Knit_whit
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to Knit_whit
Pattern question - Childs' Ruffled Cotton Classic Hat
I bought a pattern for a Childs' Ruffled Cotton Classic Hat using Cotton Classics. I have two questions on it:

It shows Rounds 1, 2, 3, 4. Since I'm on circs, is the next row I start considered Round 2, or do you knit a plain row and then start Round 2?

Also, on Round 2 it says, *K1, sl 2tog kw, K1, P2 psso, K1, p1* repeat * to * end K1.

My question is does that mean to slip two together knitwise, knit one, purl two, then pass the two stitches slipped knit-wise OVER the two purl stitches? It doesn't look right at all when I do that. It says it should go from 271 stitches down to 181, or decreasing 90 stitches, on the second round, and down to 91 stitches after the 4th.

And with Round 4: *Sl 2tog kw, K1, P2 psso, P1 *repeat * to * end K1.

(Round 3 is knit the knits and purl the purls.)

Does any of this make sense?

(Italics are mine)

Help?

*edit - mod squad was here*

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
On circs, each round is considered a row.

As for the directions, I would sl2tog knitwise, knit 1, purl 2 and then pass the slipped stitches over all three that are between those slipped stitches and the needle tip--the k1 and the purl 2. I don't know if it will look the way you expect it to, but that's how I interpret the directions.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #3
Knit_whit
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to Knit_whit
Child's hat pattern
Well, I received a response from the woman I purchased the pattern from. There was an extra "P2" in both the 2nd and 4th rounds -- not sure if she just has different shorthand, perhaps. Anyway, you pass the K1 over the two slipped stitches -- there is no P2. Whew!

Thanks for your response!

Maureen
Old 01-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Alrighty then! I don't understand why patterns go out like that.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote