Old 01-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
knason4
Ribbing the Cuff

need help starting mini booga bag
Well, I went to my lys and they told me briefly how to make a booga bag, but half the size. I did not understand the instructions on the beginning though and was wondering if anyone could help me out.
This is what I was told to do. Cast on 40 and knit 22 rows using double pointed needles, do not turn the work around. How do you do that? :thinking:
And then how do I transfer that to knitting in the round?
Any help is appreciated.
:D

Javaknitter on Ravelry
knason4 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
Cristy
Instepping Out

First of all, how small do you want it to be--the booga is pretty small to begin with--much smaller than the picture seems. The original pattern can be found for free at black sheep bags--just google it.

Second--I'd use circular needles for the entire thing which is what the original pattern calls for. You would just cast on the desired number of stitches and knit every stitch--that's how you get garter. Just pretend there isn't a cord attached to the end of the needles and do it as you word ordinarily.

When you knit in the round comes after you pick up stitches around the "rectangle" that you knit back and forth (this becomes the bottom, flat part of the bag). If you don't know how to pick up stitches, watch Amy's video--it makes it pretty clear. Just pick up a stitch between each ridge of stitches (garter gives you ridges of knitted fabric).

make sense? your welcome to pm me some questions if you want--I just finished a booga last night and it was my first one--it was MUCH easier than it seemed.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote