Old 01-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #1

Another 'weaving in ends' question...
I have gone through the search sections and couldn't find exactly my question, so here goes...

I just finished my first sock (not socks, sock ) and I now have to do something with the tails. I know I'm supposed to weave them back through, blah, blah, blah. Now I've done this with my 2 scaves I've done, but the problem is that on one of the scarves just by pulling it and whatever, the stupid end is poking out in the middle or wherever I ended the weave.

Does that make any sense?

How do I weave the ends in without them 'popping' out?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
tab
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to tab
What I do is I weave in the yarn tail until I'm sure it's secure, then I pull it a bit to tighten it and leave maybe 1/4" to 1/2" sticking out. Then I pull on the garment to stretch it, which usually results in the end of the yarn being pulled back in and hidden. If it's still sticking out, I'll trim it a bit and repeat the process.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #3

I did that too with my scarf and it just keeps popping out again.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #4
Yvonne
Turning the Heel

When you weave in the tail, do it one direction for a short bit, then in some other direction for a short bit, another, another.... maybe four or five different directions. Then split the tail into halves (plies) and weave those into a different direction each. Pull on the garment a little bit such that it won't ever poke out any more than it is, and trim them off. Painstaking, but it works really well.

Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #5

Okeedokeee, I'll give it a try.

Thanks