Old 04-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

KAL Just For Me, from the Family Circle, Easy Knitting Mag.
I am going out to buy the yarn for this over the weekend and hope to cast on by Monday. I was wondering if anyone else would like to do this with me? It is my very first sweater....... okay, everything, at this point is my very first... :rofling: but I would love to have other knitters, experienced or not to do this with in case I run into trouble.

I'm going to try and find a picture of it..I don't have a scanner and my digital has gone on the fritz.

Okay....I found this one...not the best picture but it gives you an idea of what I'm going to knit.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	fc..just_for_me.jpg
Views:	2908
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	26668  
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Go for it! Even if you don't get a KAL going, you know there are lots of people here who love to help out!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
Celine
Turning the Heel

I like it too!!
Dragon Tush, I too considered knitting that for my gd who will be 3yrs. old next week. But to be honest...I'm not sure if I can "follow" all the directions. I'd probably need help along the way. It is so pretty.

Are you planning on using the same kind of yarn? If not what are you going to get? I just may KAL with you. I could go out tomorrow and buy the yarn. Not sure what I can substitute for it. I'd really like to buy a less expensive yarn for this since she will out grow it so quickly. :XX: :XX:
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

Thank you Ingrid. I know there are many people here who can help, thank goodness LOL.

Celine. I will likely be using a different yarn. I can't seem to find any Reynolds at all so I am going to my LYS tomorrow morning and see what the ladies there suggest as an alternative. I will post what they suggest. I too, don't want to spend too much on yarn for exactly the same reason. My dd is going to be four this weekend and like all children.....growing like a little weed.

I've been reading the pattern and I think I can follow it. We'll see

Maybe between the two of us we can get it done lol.

Your gd is turning three next week? My dd is turning four next week. On the 17th...
Old 04-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
Celine
Turning the Heel

Same birthday!
Dragon Tush, My gd's birthday is also on the 17th of April!! :D We are celebrating it on Easter Sunday this year. All the family will be together.

I was going to knit her a sweater in the Fall and I have six skeins of "Plymouth Yarn "Jelly Beenz" here already. Its 75% Acrylic, 25% Wool. It may not be for a summer sweater but iI'll be happy to have her wear it this Fall and Winter. I think I am going to be using it. It bought it at my LYS also and it was not cheap.

Maybe we both can do this one!! :XX: :XX:
Old 04-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #6
Celine
Turning the Heel

I've started it.
Okay, I officially started the sweater last night. I'm making the smallest size. Even with casting on the 60 stitches...it looks wide. I'd rather it be bigger for her than too small. She can always grow into it. She is tall for her age and not petite so it should work out.

Let me know how you are doing on yours. I'll let you know if I need any HELP :crying: .
Old 04-12-2006, 03:25 AM   #7
Celine
Turning the Heel

in process
I was out all day yesterday but I have about 7 inches of the sweater back done. Will work on it today. How are you doing on yours? I'm sure your way ahead of me!! :XX: :XX:
Old 04-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #8
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

:( I'm about ready to cry Celine ......I have run into so much trouble trying to find yarn.....can't seem to find anything that works. I finally decided to try some Red Heart from Michaels and now I've lost my magazine( I htink I left it at Michaels as I brought it with me to compare gagues). I'm really frustrated LOL.

I have another little cardigan pattern that I have all the stuff for...I might just have to go ahead with that one until I find a new Family Circle Magazine.

Can I still knit along with you, anyway?

I can't wait to see yours..I can't believe your little gd has the same birthday as my little one LOL. Maybe they have the same name too ...now that would be funny. :D
Old 04-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #9
Celine
Turning the Heel

Oh no
I'm sorry you misplaced your magazine!! Yes, of course we can still knit along. We can still try and help each other.

I ran into a problem already...can you tell me what THIS means??
I did the back and then I did the armhole shaping..then it says ...

"knit to 13 inches ending with a right side row. That I get!

Then it says..."Neckband (WRONG side) P10, which I assume is purl ten sitches. But it has me end on the RIGHT side above but then it tells me to begin that purling on the WRONG side. How can I be on both sides at the same time??? So I'm confused.

If you can figure it out I'd apprecaite it.

I'm glad you got some yarn you like for your sweater. I saw some Bernat yarn at the Dollar Store the other day. They had three different ones but really nothing that I was crazy about or I would have gotten a lot! lol
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #10
jamadian75
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to jamadian75 Send a message via MSN to jamadian75
Re: Oh no
Originally Posted by Celine
"knit to 13 inches ending with a right side row. That I get!

Then it says..."Neckband (WRONG side) P10, which I assume is purl ten sitches. But it has me end on the RIGHT side above but then it tells me to begin that purling on the WRONG side. How can I be on both sides at the same time??? So I'm confused.
Sorry to be nosey - but I guess that's what this forum allows you to do!
I'm not part of this KAL (yet) but I do know that I've asked this question many times. The way I understand what you have is that "....ending with a right side row" means you actually DO a right side (knit) row, then start the next part (P10) on the following row - that's the wrong side.

I hope this helps.

On Zee Needles:
*Central Park Hoodie (KH KAL); *Sangria Sock #2 (for me!); Mystery project in Noro Iro; *Other UFO's which shall remain nameless

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
jamadian75 is offline   Reply With Quote