Old 01-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
jenn_tm
Casting On

"Knit 1 row even" - First real sweater
Hi there - I'm working on a sweater for my husband. We have been together for 8 years and I have promised him a sweater for as long as I can remember. I even started one many years ago, but got stuck and it got lost in the "unfinished work" pile. This time I'm determined to finish! I am working on the back of the sweater and it is time to decrease for the shoulders (btw...I am working on "The Manly Sweater" from Stitch 'n Bitch) and it says to "knit 1 row even". I think the word "even" throws me off. If it wanted me to knit 1 row then why didn't it just tell me to knit 1 row? I guess in the back of my little head, I am wondering if they want me to knit 2 rows and that would be 1 "even" row. I don't know. Can someone clarify so that I know that I'm doing it correctly? Thank you so much!

Jenn
jenn_tm is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
BonnieM
1st Leg of the Journey

If I'm reading the pattern right (I have the book), I think they are telling you to end the color work on a WS row, then with MC, work one row even (using the main stitch pattern, K5, P1 rib). I think the use of the word *even* is to make sure you go back to using the pattern stitch and not the set up row. She uses that phrase again on the sleeves. Nice sweater, BTW!
BonnieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
jenn_tm
Casting On

Thank you for the quick reply! I will keep trucking on then! I'm sure I will be back with many other questions about this sweater. :D
jenn_tm is offline   Reply With Quote