Old 03-28-2006, 12:55 AM   #121
knitbebe
1st Leg of the Journey

tmsl,
you are moving along! I need to get busy--I spend way too much time on the computer looking at what others have made!!

I completed the body of the sweater!!

Now the sleeves--I'm procastinating.
Mer, did you knit both sleeves at the same time using magic loop?

way to go tmsl!

Thanks, mer for checking in on us!
knitbebe
knitbebe is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #122
tmsl
1st Leg of the Journey

Mer,

Are you knitting the stitches from the stitch holder on the sleeve to the stitches on the stitch holder from the body? I guess that is what I am confused about. Also, are you knitting the to parts together sort of like a 3 needle bind off??? Sorry for all the questions, this is first sweater and I am learning many new things.

Also, my measurement issue was when they said you should have 7 inches and knit from there to 12-1/2". I had 9" so I knit to 12-1/2" as it said so it shouldn't be too long. I'll be able to tell after the increase section if I am on target and if the problem was miscounting in the decrease section.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Knitbebe-quit procrastinating-catch up!!!

Laura
:XX:
tmsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #123
Mer
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by tmsl
Mer,

Are you knitting the stitches from the stitch holder on the sleeve to the stitches on the stitch holder from the body? I guess that is what I am confused about. Also, are you knitting the to parts together sort of like a 3 needle bind off??? Sorry for all the questions, this is first sweater and I am learning many new things.

Laura
:XX:
Nope, leave the stitches on the holders until the very end. You graft them together once you're done. You're only knitting stitches that are currently on the needles. I can't really explain it any better than to hold your sleeve on the left and the body on the right and knit across. Can anyone else clarify? :thinking:

"I will remember that no one has ever been killed or maimed by being adventurous with knitting, no matter how pointy the needles." The Yarn Harlot
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:02 PM   #124
tmsl
1st Leg of the Journey

Quote:
Nope, leave the stitches on the holders until the very end. You graft them together once you're done. You're only knitting stitches that are currently on the needles. I can't really explain it any better than to hold your sleeve on the left and the body on the right and knit across.
Does knit across mean knit across the body? Do you knit one stitch a round or all at one time? That seems to be my confusion. I am going to a knitting group tonight and I hope someone can help, if my thoughts are still wrong.

Laura
Old 03-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #125
knitbebe
1st Leg of the Journey

tmsl,
I'm glad you will be figuring this out before me! You'll be a pro by the time I get there.

I'm casting on my sleeves tonight!!!! Nothings stopping me. My dh & son will be having simple fare tonight!! cereal!

now that all I want to do is knit-I've been bombarded with request for artwork/ murals etc.--goodthing---considering my job in la. is gone since katrina---shouldn't kick a gift horse in the mouth. I'll just feed the guys cereal for every meal to make time for knitting! :rofling:

knitbebe
Old 03-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #126
tmsl
1st Leg of the Journey

Ok, I think one of the knitting group members straightened me out on the sleeve thing. I should be ready to attach by this weekend if not before. I'll let you know how it goes.

Laura
Old 03-30-2006, 12:28 AM   #127
Mer
Working the Gusset

Hope it works out for you!

"I will remember that no one has ever been killed or maimed by being adventurous with knitting, no matter how pointy the needles." The Yarn Harlot
Old 04-02-2006, 03:41 AM   #128
knitbebe
1st Leg of the Journey

Sleeve bell too big
I'm thinking of going down in size for the cast on of the sleeve---I used the correct co for my size body--but it was huge! Will this work out okay?

Also, I can't locate a size 12" needle for the sleeve---could I just use two 24" circs. (like when making socks) for the sleeves? If that's not the best solution I'll order a 12" circ. from somewhere.

Almost completed my art blog http://www.flutterbyart.blogspot.com/
and added a sketchbook blog--- http://www.rowansketchbook.blogspot.com/
so, come take a look--add commments & check out my self portrait with adorable son!

My knitting is suffering!!
Knitbebe
Old 04-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #129
Mer
Working the Gusset

I think that should be ok--you'll just have a different number of stitches around the yoke. :thinking: And I didn't use a 12" circ because those things are too hard for me to use. You can use any method of circular knitting that works for you for the sleeves.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #130
allegra918
Turning the Heel

Well, I am close to where I was when I had to frog this sweater the last time....... i can't wait to get past the body and on to the yoke or sleeves!

OTN:
EZ February Baby Sweater
Monkey socks
allegra918 is offline   Reply With Quote