Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

TAMAR -- Fake rib baby hat pictures
Hi Tamar,

Sorry it took me a while to get these up, hope they are helpful. This is the baby hat my daughter got from the hospital when she was born. Although I think it was a bit small for her, it was always popping off her head! I think it would have needed another couple centimeters/an inch in length (actually width as you were knitting) and another set of 4 rows of stockinette/reverse stockinette to fit her better (8 altogether).

It's approximately 20 cm/8 inches unfolded from bottom edge to top, which would be the width as you knit. It it alternating four rows of stockinette and reverse stockinette x 30. Or maybe I should phrase that as 4 rows stockinette then 4 rows reverse stockinette x 15. I think it's a fingering weight yarn, possibly a baby sport weight. I tried to get a picture of the seam and how they gathered up the one end on the inside, but it's not too clear. I can tell they slipped the side stitches that eventually became the bottom of the hat.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2006, 03:37 AM   #2
Tamar Dohel
Knitting the Flap

Thank you dear,

Very nice hat - shame it never did fit.

I'll soon send a photo of the ribbed hat I've almost finished.

Tamar
Tamar Dohel is offline   Reply With Quote