Well i can't help feeling a bit pleased with myself - i've finished my first sock!
I used a Heirloom pattern and thought plain st st would get pretty boring so... cast on for the lace version! It turned out ok looking and actually fits suprisingly well, considering i made a GAZILLION MISTAKES! I couldn't figure out how to frog the lace without losing the plot completely and i kept ending up with less stiches 'cause i would forget the yo somewhere so i just did extra increases whenever i realised one was missing
AND when i was doing the decreases for the instep, i accidently did them every round instead of every ALTERNATE round, (i only realised when i re-read the pattern!)
AND i decided 30 stitches around (in 4 ply on 3mm DPNS) was going to be too small for my big feet so only decreased to 44 which really left me confused at the toe cause it was all based off 'decrease until x stitches...' and my totals were all wrong! Whew, can't believe i got though to the end!
The real dilemma i have now is do i try and copy my mistakes for the second sock OR just make it as correct as i can (it already looks neater! lol)