Old 02-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #1
Sillysusie
Casting On

Knitting baby hood - having trouble with picking up stitches
Hi,

I am knitting my first little baby bonnet/hoodie and I sailed through the turning part but now have 20 sts on a holder at the top middle and am supposed to pick up stitches along the side.

I understand how to pick up the stitches but my yarn is still connected to the center piece. Should I cut it to begin picking up the stitches along one side? It would seem that's the logical thing to do. Do I then pick up that tail as I knit along those stitches?

Thanks!
Sillysusie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
I'd cut the center yarn and leave a tail to weave in later. Then start with a new strand to pick up the stitches and finish the piece. Logic usually works!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote