Old 02-16-2006, 09:33 PM   #111
knitbebe
1st Leg of the Journey

Jan,
I've been right where you are since starting. I'm stuck right now, nicole (bless her knitting heart) has been trying to help me get through the gusset.

I cont. to work at it a little bit each day, and am actually amazed at how far I've come & how much I've learned in a short time. So, If I don't get my trophy I'll be disappointed--but, only slightly since I know that without the push I would never have made it this far--nor been so brave!!

You've done an amazing job, so pat yourself on the back. You've learn to knit socks!!

Give it a couple of days & see how you feel. In the meantime do some seriously mindless or fun knitting. I pulled my hourglass out (and talked to her very nicely--& apologized for calling her boring) and knitted around & around til' my hearts content. Speaking of which, I think I'll take hg out of the bag & get to work .

knitbebe
(rowan)
knitbebe is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #112
knitncook
Working the Gusset

MY SOCKS ARE DONE!!!! Woo hooo!! I can't believe I did it in half the time and I was sweating that I wouldn't be able to get both done in 16 days. I will admit that some of the design came out a bit wonky, but all scrunched up like they are on my legs you can't really see, so I'm not sweating it. Now I need to make a pair of socks for a friend of mine who is very sick and need to design the little hats for the compassionate knitting project.

Oh and Jan, go knit something else and then come back to the sock. Seriously, it will really help to break the tension! You can do it!!! If Lindsey Jacobellis can pick herself up and still manage to silver medal in the snowboard cross then you can still medal in the KO!! Go Jan Go Jan Go Jan!!!!

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:14 AM   #113
knitbebe
1st Leg of the Journey

way to go!! You gold medalist!

knitbebe
Old 02-20-2006, 12:18 AM   #114
Julie
Instepping Out

No pics yet, because I prefer to take them in natural light (which there isn'tmuch of at 10 p.m.!) but I just finished the first of my two olympic sweaters!
Old 02-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #115
earthchick
Turning the Heel

WTG all you gold medalists!

I finished my socks today and am quite happy with them. The only thing I don't like is that they are looser in the instep than I would prefer. Am not sure how that happened. Otherwise, I'm really, really happy with them - and proud of myself for doing them!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2689_172.jpg
Views:	1909
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	25137  Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2693.jpg
Views:	1907
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	25138  

earthchicknits
The Seven Things Project
earthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #116
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
They look great and have inspired me to use my mmmmm Malabrigo as socks too! Thank you! (I do have to get that pattern though!!)

the kitty in the background---looks so enthused!! :rofling:

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #117
horve1
Turning the Heel

:D Finished my booga!!! Pretty happy with it. I love the yarn and the way it felted, (my first time felting), and the size it wound up. Wish I could figure out how to show a picture. Some day I'll have to get my DD or DS to help with that.
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #118
knitbebe
1st Leg of the Journey

Your socks are beautiful! great job.

Nicolethegeek,
I ordered "socks soar on circs." from knitpicks!! yeepee! All the work I did & all the help I got will come in handy for my new socks~~

To all the medal winners Display your medal with pride 'cause you earned it!!!

knitbebe
(rowan)

http://rowanknittingbliss.blogspot.com
I posted one of paintings on my site, no knitting right now, but nice painting! :D
Old 02-20-2006, 09:33 PM   #119
earthchick
Turning the Heel

KK, I moved the cat - who was sleeping where I wanted to sit - so I could take this pic. Judging from her expression, I believe her exact thoughts are:
"Feh. For this I had to move?"

Julie, I can't wait to see pics of the sweater!

horve, congrats on the booga bag! I'd love to see pics!

earthchicknits
The Seven Things Project
earthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #120
knitbebe
1st Leg of the Journey

earthchick,
I noticed that you are working on the capelet. I love that pattern--I started some time ago but, didn't like the yarn. i had some problems with getting yo to line up, I think my stitches just jumped my marker, other than that a fun one to knit!

knitbebe
(rowan)