Old 02-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #21
aliassak
Ribbing the Cuff

Mark me down for Samus. Everything is all set on my end. (I'm even leaving work early )

Click on www button for link to blog.
aliassak is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-08-2006, 02:22 AM   #22
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
Originally Posted by aliassak
(I'm even leaving work early )
Now THAT is dedication!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:24 AM   #23
aliassak
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
Originally Posted by aliassak
(I'm even leaving work early )
Now THAT is dedication!
Not really-- that is what I call determination! If Samus was all stockinette, I wouldn't have a problem... It's those cable repeats that slow me down. Need all the help I can get.

Click on www button for link to blog.
aliassak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #24
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
I'm doing the Diamond Fantasy shawl in some sticky mohair. I already swatched and definitely can not afford to make mistakes along the way. Lifeline might be in order although I probably wouldn't be able to frog back to it anyway...this yarn sticks!
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #25
horve1
Turning the Heel

I'm in! Doing an oversize (doubled?) booga bag in Noro Kureyon 147 along with another denim blue wool yarn to add strength. I've done test swatches to see how the felting will go, and I am ready!!!
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #26
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
kemp,

i haven't tried it, but there was a knit bit that recommended throwing your mohair in the freezer and it supposedly eliminates sticking. i don't remember for how long, though...

that shawl looks gorgeous! i think you've convinced me to try mine for the KO.

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #27
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

I'm ready to pull out what hair I have left here! I got a comment on my Team Canada blog post that my Peer Gynt may not felt. I then looked at how light my Patons Classic is, and that may be too light to felt too. I just did up a swatch of the yellow PG, and some of the Classic, and will be tossing it in the washer as soon as I get the laundry going... DD#1 just took a shower, so there's no hot water for the next half hour or so.

Cross your fingers for me... cast on is tomorrow, and if this doesn't felt, my only option is running back to Ram's for about $50-60 worth of a different {and untested} type... *if* they have the colours I want in stock.

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #28
horve1
Turning the Heel

I'm so psyched for this! Got my yarn, swatched, test-felted... Making a double-sized booga bag using Noro Kureyon 147 knit together with Heilo Marine Blue (for strength and to accent the blue in the Kureyon). Having a hard time waiting! I am so glad I have two other projects to work on in the mean time.

GO TEAM!!!!
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #29
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
I got until tomorrow to think of what to do..... I think I'm going to start my mom's friends lap blanket... It's going to be about a foot and a half wide by 4ft long.... I should be able to get it done

hopefully... I'll do it at an angle sorta... like a clapotis..

Shouldn't be that hard... right?
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #30
jhelanee
Turning the Heel

My unofficial Knitting Olympics project is a bunch of stuff for DotMom's Chemo Kid KAL. I am currently planning on doing a braided cable hat and coordinating scrunchable scarf, a Homespun shawl and a floppy brim hat. Possibly plus more if time permits.

Let's see, if we can cast on at 2pm EST, that's 11am PST - oh good I can work on this at lunch!

Recently finished: DH's small-gauge sweater; Secret of the Stole ii - "Savannah"; BSJ (well the knitting anyway)
On Needles: socks; Odessa (from Magknits)

jhelanee is offline   Reply With Quote