Old 02-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #31
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
i think i have to change my KAL project already My yarn didn't arrive yet and plus there's just no way I'll finish that shawl. I forgot about the Hipster from Knitty that is due for a March birthday for my bestest friend. I am going with that instead and that should allow me to also complete the baby blanket that's due first week in March simultaneously. I am not going to bug Stephanie about it, I'm sure she's quite busy enough, but I'm making my official change here for the record.

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #32
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Ahh it's not to late to change then?? I need to get my mom's friends blanket done by the middle of march and I put in a teddy bear sweater(seriously.. that'll take me.... 4 hours?!?)

I did notice that she has been busy... It probably took her a looong time to go through all those names, sort them, ect.. :(

I'm changing it to a lap blanket... that should be good

I don't want to tell her too late though :(
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #33
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
i bet she would change ours if we asked, but she's already doing so much, i figured i would just make note of it here. i have so little time to knit anymore anyway, i was a bit overzealous with the enormo-lace shawl. do you have a pattern for that lap blanket? i have some on my to-do list for a nursing home.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
Old 02-09-2006, 11:15 PM   #34
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
No I don't sadly :( I wish I did have a pattern though. I'm doing some research tonight to look for some though. I'll PM you the patterns if I find anything that you might like
Old 02-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #35
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

awesome, thank you! i was actually contemplating just crocheting up big granny squares and doing that. the nursing home residents would get them a LOT faster that way. i think my friend that does it just does garter stitch, but i have the hots for feather and fan right now and that would be just as nice. we'll see. i have some charity preemie caps i promised a friend first anyway so it's no rush. so much knitting, so little time!

Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #36
sogrammatical
Knitting the Flap

I actually haven't officially signed up for this business. I figure the woman who's running this has enough to do already. But I'm participating none-the-less!

By this time tomorrow, I'll be knitting up a storm!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:54 PM   #37
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Ahh... I was thinking of going st st with a garter boarder..

I might do it grannysquare... I'm REALLY debating it.... My mom's friend likes coca-cola... and I was going to stitch coca-cola into it...

I don't know what to do yet... and I have to make up my mind by tomorrow
Old 02-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #38
Pandora
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Pandora Send a message via MSN to Pandora
Heya! First post and first KAL here! :D

I'm a dual Yarn-lete this year--doing both the knit and crochet olympics! In knitting, I'm doing my first-ever sweater of any kind--the "Howl" dog sweater from "Stitch n' Bitch" for our chihuahua, Zoey. But my tax refund hasn't come yet, so I don't have the yarn! *panic* It had better get here soon! My crochet project is a baby blanket for a friend who's expecting, and I have most, if not all, of the yarn I'll need for that.

The IRS had better live up to its "death and taxes" certainty reputation!

Nice to meet everyone!
Pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #39
Cristy
Instepping Out

Yippie...todays the day folks! I am knitting the Irish Hiking Scarf . It'll be my first shot at cables. After checking out videos on how to do it..I'm thinking that it looks pretty easy so I'm thinking the challenging part will be getting it finished on time since I think I knit pretty slowly. I am about to get away fromt his stinkin computer and go swatch a little...

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #40
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Pandora
Heya! First post and first KAL here! :D
Welcome Pandora! Congrats on being a bi-athlete! Even though 99% of what I've been working on lately is knitting, crochet is my first love. I'm sure you'll love KH as much as I do. I've only been here about 3 months, and I already feel like I've been here forever... family and all that!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote