Old 02-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
gmadat
Casting On

Converting adult pattern to child size
:thinking:
New member here with a question about downsizing. I have some gorgeous adult sweater patterns (womens) that I would like to re-size for my 6-year-old twin granddaughters. I'm sure it's just a matter of mathematics and proportioning, but I also know that needle size and yarn come into play somehow. Can anyone help? Is there a computerized resizing program out there? Anyone care to write one real quick?

GmaDat
gmadat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
TwoLeftNeedles
1st Leg of the Journey

You can try this: http://www.knittingfool.com/index.cfm

While it probably won't give you an exact translation to your pattern, it can at least give you a good idea of how the math involved works.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
gmadat
Casting On

Wow! This is an awesome site. With a little patience -- make that "a lot of patience" -- and some peace and quiet, I just might be able to make the conversion.

Thanks!

gmadat
gmadat is offline   Reply With Quote