Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #11
Vendie
2nd Sock, I Rock

I'm a little over two inches into my project - which actually isn't that bad considering I've hardly worked on it. My pattern calls for the front and back to be knit flat and I booed that idea in favor of knitting it in the round. That has actually made things a bit easier to manage, and now I'll have very little seaming to do. This might actually work! However, I understand that the judges have a new way of scoring, and the fact that I'm taking the easy way out is sure to cost me some points.

It's only uphill until you get to the top of the hill

Vendie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #12
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
well i didn't officially join because i wasn't sure what kind of time i would have to commit to getting it done...but i unofficially started a project to see if i could get it done while y'all were doing yours. i just finished this a few minutes ago...

now to start the second one.....wonder if the second mitten syndrom is as bad as the second sock syndrom. :rollseyes:
Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #13
Pixywhispers
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Pixywhispers
I'm a ko drop out. :( ok, well I put it down. Its my first large, if you can call a bonnet large HA, lace. I've been so frustrated by it.

I've cried over it. I really want to finish it.

I'm gona pick up a little sweater that shouldnt give me a hard time.

There is a time to be born and a time to die. A time to laugh and a time to cry, but there never seems to be enough time to knit.-Anon. (or to visit KH!)

Come visit my blog.
Pixywhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #14
sogrammatical
Knitting the Flap

I'm actually surprised at my progress. I'm making a clapotis and the plan is simply to keep knitting until I run out of yarn. I'm 3/4 of the way through hank #1 out of 3.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #15
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
I finished the first clog of mine a bit ago, and got about 3/4 of the way through my dh's last clog before I RAN OUT OF YARN!!! Stupid knitpicks...I swear I was shorted some yardage. So I won't get to finish that one this week, but I will probably finish my pair tonight and felt them tomorrow! They are pink and green and totally awesome.

Got the yarn for my daughters afghan today, but am having a brain fart on designing it. lol.

I was really curious as to how fast peopel would progress, considering alot of us don't sit down for hours at a time with a steadfast spirit and a goal in mind. I find once I am past the half hour mark I am booking! (I generally knitin 20 minute spurts due to parental responsibilities)

Glad you noticed Andrea. Hugh Laurie is sublime.

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:32 AM   #16
hopemartin
Casting On

Re: I thought I was
Originally Posted by Ingrid
You might want to put your stitches on a piece of yarn with a tapestry needle and hold the shug around you to see if it fits, anyway. If there's no chance, then you need to start over. If the part you're making doesn't look like it will fit, then frog. It's worth a try-on, though.
Hi Ingrid! Thanks for the advise. I heard back from the author of the pattern and she gave some suggestions.

I ended up frogging it any way because I want to knit correctly to begin with now that I know how. I've done a few rows now. Yikes! Its like learning to knit all over again. I'm sooooo slooooowwwwwww!

I'm sure my gauge will completely change. But hey! I'm reaching for that Olympic knitting gold. If I don't complete it on time, as least I'll know how to knit better when I'm done.

Hmmm... is there a "Team Lefty" out there? Or maybe "Team Continental"? I see KO team buttons everywhere, mebbe I'll make one too.
random writings from a lefty
hopemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #17
Angelia

I'm about 7" into the body of my sweater...I guess that's a good marathon pace...
Old 02-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #18
knitncook
Working the Gusset

I've become a speed demon knitter!! I finished a sock in 3 days. That was unbelievable. I have NEVER finished a sock in under a week. Either I am watching too much Olympics or I really can knit faster than I thought.

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote